News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
China: Mobile gamers soon to exceed PC gamers
A report on China's mobile games market reveals that the number of people playing games on mobile will soon exceed the numbers who play on PC.
Market research firm Niko Partners has released its latest mobile games market report for China. In it, it's estimated that the number of mobile gamers in the country will rise to 192 million this year.
Over the next five years the mobile gaming market will skyrocket, increasing six-fold over 2011's $600 million in annual game revenue to reach $3.6 billion by the end of 2017.
"Niko projects fast growth in mobile games revenue in China led by rising adoption of 3G usage, soaring sales of smartphones from a wide array of vendors, and the desire to play entertaining, inexpensive games on these smart mobile devices," said Lisa Cosmas Hanson, managing partner of Niko Partners, in a recent press release.
"Mobile games and web-browser games are the two buzzword segments in China's games market this year, and Chinese game companies are racing to deliver their games on multiple platforms to satisfy gamer demand in every way possible."
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...