News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brand offers reposted by friends very likely to elicit response
Performance marketing firm Performics has released findings of a new social media survey that shows how people respond to brand offers when broadcast in various social network locations.
There are many ways that brand offers can reach social network users but the one that 33% of respondents to Performics' survey were very likely to respond to were those reposted by a friend. Over 1 in 4 (42%) were somewhat likely to respond to reposted brand offers.
Other locations where brand offers were very likely to be responded to were:
- Brand's Facebook Page (42%)
- Newsfeed (25%)
- An ad on the social network (20%)
When it comes to engagement with branded content, Followers of a brand on Facebook were more likely to respond to content containing images (44%) or status updates (40%). However, Performics notes that response was relatively consistent across all content types including video (37%), jokes/memes (35%) and links to articles (35%).
Earlier this month social ad targeting firm 33Across surveyed 2,200 agencies and brands and found advertisers are focusing less on Facebook and more on "the rest of the Web".
Whereas in March, 58% of marketers were focusing on Facebook, the June survey found that the number looking to Facebook has dropped. Today, 71% of those surveyed said they were focusing 80% of their attention on "the rest of the Web".
When asked about their future spending plans, the picture that emerges doesn't bode well for the social network. The numbers planning on decreasing their Facebook spend are five times higher today than they were pre-IPO.
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...