News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brand offers reposted by friends very likely to elicit response
Performance marketing firm Performics has released findings of a new social media survey that shows how people respond to brand offers when broadcast in various social network locations.
There are many ways that brand offers can reach social network users but the one that 33% of respondents to Performics' survey were very likely to respond to were those reposted by a friend. Over 1 in 4 (42%) were somewhat likely to respond to reposted brand offers.
Other locations where brand offers were very likely to be responded to were:
- Brand's Facebook Page (42%)
- Newsfeed (25%)
- An ad on the social network (20%)
When it comes to engagement with branded content, Followers of a brand on Facebook were more likely to respond to content containing images (44%) or status updates (40%). However, Performics notes that response was relatively consistent across all content types including video (37%), jokes/memes (35%) and links to articles (35%).
Earlier this month social ad targeting firm 33Across surveyed 2,200 agencies and brands and found advertisers are focusing less on Facebook and more on "the rest of the Web".
Whereas in March, 58% of marketers were focusing on Facebook, the June survey found that the number looking to Facebook has dropped. Today, 71% of those surveyed said they were focusing 80% of their attention on "the rest of the Web".
When asked about their future spending plans, the picture that emerges doesn't bode well for the social network. The numbers planning on decreasing their Facebook spend are five times higher today than they were pre-IPO.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...