News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Average mobile email performance from UK's top retailers
New research into how the UK's top retailers are performing in mobile marketing messaging across devices reveals significant differences and identifies key issues affecting mobile users' email experience.
When dotMailer analyzed the design, usability and technical criteria for mobile emails sent by 19 of the UK's top retailers, they found distinct differences between operating systems (iPhone, Android and Blackberry tested).
The average score across all 19 retailers was a disappointing 53%, indicating that mobile email marketers have yet to get to grips with providing good customer email experiences across devices.
However, Apple outperformed the other devices with 64% gained across all criteria while Blackberry's performance was lacking throughout, even its email function scored just 41%.
The full report, 'Hitting the Mobile Mark", has not yet been released but a slideshow featuring a preview of some of the results has been released by dotMailer Client Service Director, Skip Fidura.
The key results from the study demonstrate how mobile email marketers are performing on the various devices:
- Rendering: iPhone 94% / Android 89% / Blackberry 31%
- Easy to Read?: iPhone 81% / Android 64% / Blackberry 41%
- Zoom/Scroll: iPhone 78% / Android 17% / Blackberry 5%
- Call-to-Action: iPhone 78% / Android 91% / Blackberry 63%
- Code Correct?: iPhone 94% / Android 89% / Blackberry 31%
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...