News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Average mobile email performance from UK's top retailers
New research into how the UK's top retailers are performing in mobile marketing messaging across devices reveals significant differences and identifies key issues affecting mobile users' email experience.
When dotMailer analyzed the design, usability and technical criteria for mobile emails sent by 19 of the UK's top retailers, they found distinct differences between operating systems (iPhone, Android and Blackberry tested).
The average score across all 19 retailers was a disappointing 53%, indicating that mobile email marketers have yet to get to grips with providing good customer email experiences across devices.
However, Apple outperformed the other devices with 64% gained across all criteria while Blackberry's performance was lacking throughout, even its email function scored just 41%.
The full report, 'Hitting the Mobile Mark", has not yet been released but a slideshow featuring a preview of some of the results has been released by dotMailer Client Service Director, Skip Fidura.
The key results from the study demonstrate how mobile email marketers are performing on the various devices:
- Rendering: iPhone 94% / Android 89% / Blackberry 31%
- Easy to Read?: iPhone 81% / Android 64% / Blackberry 41%
- Zoom/Scroll: iPhone 78% / Android 17% / Blackberry 5%
- Call-to-Action: iPhone 78% / Android 91% / Blackberry 63%
- Code Correct?: iPhone 94% / Android 89% / Blackberry 31%
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...