News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Android users are common cheapskates, reveals Chinese research
Does the type of mobile device you use indicate how elegant and romantic your lifestyle is? Apparently so... at least, in China.
Dianping.com, a Chinese version of Yelp, was one of the first websites to provide business reviews written by independent consumers in China. It has nearly one billion page views monthly, out of which, over 50% comes from mobile users.
In its first Mobile Lifestyle report, Dianping.com has revealed that there's a marked difference in lifestyle choices, and even romantic inclinations, between iPhone and Android users.
It appears that iPhone users are more apt to prefer a lifestyle that is "elegant" and "romantic". Not so the cheapskate Android users. They, it seems, have a more "common" lifestyle. Illustrating the difference Dianping.com notes that over half (54%) of iPhone users choose restaurants costing at least CNY80 ($13) per head, compared to 46% of Android users selecting restaurants that cost CNY50 ($8) or less.
Furthermore, analysis of searches made from Dianping.com's apps showed that Android users were more likely to search for KFC, Internet cafes and street food while iPhone users search for specialist restaurants, nail salons and petrol stations.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...