News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Adyen: iPad leads mobile payment market
New data, eight months in the making, has been released by multichannel payment solution provider Adyen. It shows that the worldwide share of all mobile transactions has more than doubled over the past 8 months with the iPad leading the market.
Apple's iPad is the most commonly used mobile device for payments, according to Amsterdam-based Adyen, which provides web payment services to the likes of PopCap Games and Vodafone.
Analysis of eight months of transactions revealed that the iPad beat out the iPhone (3%) and devices running on Google's Android (1.5%) to account for 3.6% of all payments.
"Our analysis of the incredibly rapid growth of mobile payments broadly points to four distinct merchant categories: deal-of-the-day services, gaming, ticketing and location-based applications like greeting card companies that allow you to take a picture and instantly turn it into a paid order for a physical postcard to be delivered to a mailbox recipient," said Roelant Prins, CCO, Adyen. "There is clearly a consumer appetite to embrace mobile devices, in particular tablets such as the iPad, and merchants have started to listen."
Adyen's data also revealed that iPad users spend 20% more per purchase than users of other devices.
Earlier this year, RichRelevance's 2012 Q1 Shopping Insights Mobile Study revealed that iPad users are leading the way in mobile shopping. It found that iPad users make up the bulk of mobile shoppers (68%) and 90% of all mobile revenues.
As per Adyen's data, RichRelevance found that iPad users spent more on shopping than other technology users with an average order value of $158 compared with $104 for other iPhone users, $105 for other mobile devices and $153 for desktop purchases.
- Consumers, like many marketers, don't know what native advertising is
- Travel: Paid search spend continues downward trend
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
Featured White Papers
- The Promise of Marketing Operations Management
How can marketers keep pace with the ever-expanding volume of campaigns, customized offers, contact channels and product claims? More than...
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...