News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Adyen: iPad leads mobile payment market
New data, eight months in the making, has been released by multichannel payment solution provider Adyen. It shows that the worldwide share of all mobile transactions has more than doubled over the past 8 months with the iPad leading the market.
Apple's iPad is the most commonly used mobile device for payments, according to Amsterdam-based Adyen, which provides web payment services to the likes of PopCap Games and Vodafone.
Analysis of eight months of transactions revealed that the iPad beat out the iPhone (3%) and devices running on Google's Android (1.5%) to account for 3.6% of all payments.
"Our analysis of the incredibly rapid growth of mobile payments broadly points to four distinct merchant categories: deal-of-the-day services, gaming, ticketing and location-based applications like greeting card companies that allow you to take a picture and instantly turn it into a paid order for a physical postcard to be delivered to a mailbox recipient," said Roelant Prins, CCO, Adyen. "There is clearly a consumer appetite to embrace mobile devices, in particular tablets such as the iPad, and merchants have started to listen."
Adyen's data also revealed that iPad users spend 20% more per purchase than users of other devices.
Earlier this year, RichRelevance's 2012 Q1 Shopping Insights Mobile Study revealed that iPad users are leading the way in mobile shopping. It found that iPad users make up the bulk of mobile shoppers (68%) and 90% of all mobile revenues.
As per Adyen's data, RichRelevance found that iPad users spent more on shopping than other technology users with an average order value of $158 compared with $104 for other iPhone users, $105 for other mobile devices and $153 for desktop purchases.
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...