News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
5 Questions with timeRAZOR's Jeff White
Earlier this week, data from LiveAnalytics pointed out how mobile consumers are using devices at events; one app, timeRAZOR, helps brands reach mobile consumers by targeting event listings to the local level. I recently chatted with timeRAZOR's CEO about the platform
Kristina: What is timeRAZOR and why it is important for mobile businesses?
Jeff White, timeRAZOR CEO: timeRAZOR is THE dynamic hyper-local events app. Solving the problem of "What are things I can do?". With the largest event and venue database in the US we enable brands to become front and center with consumers when they make decisions about the brands and businesses they engage with on a local level.
Kristina: Tell me about the knowWHERE technology is about?
Jeff: timeRAZOR's bleeding-edge knowWHERE predictive technology is smart enough to know where your target audience WILL BE and match them to your events and locations:
• Creating a catalyst to increase attendance, sales, brand engagement and loyalty
• Captures deep insights and demographic analytics to allow for smarter re-marketing
• Drives exponential viral marketing and friend-to-friend sharing by harnessing the social graphs of attendees and fans
Kristina: Through 2012 we've seen a huge increase in mobile consumption - through browsers and through apps. Is mobile becoming the primary way people are engaging with content?
Jeff: In terms of content engagement, mobile adoption has been faster and bigger than previous other disruptive technologies - faster than radio, TV and the internet. In an increasing number of households mobile devices are the only means to engage with content as a tablet or smartphone is replacing the home computer. So clearly mobile is the primary way people are engaging with the world around them including content.
Kristina: Is there going to be a breaking point for consumers and mobile consumption?
Jeff: No more than there was a breaking point for other content consumption. There will always be increasing advances in technology, means to engage, and devices. Mobile for now is largely referring to smartphones and tablets but already that is morphing to other device form factors -- clothing, glasses, etc. are just mobile devices that are gaining traction for people on the move.
Kristina: What trends are you seeing in mobile?
Jeff: The biggest trend is time - I once heard at a conference that apps would kill search. People wouldn't go to the internet and search to solve problems they would instead turn to apps. True or not, what is true about people's behaviors and mobile is time is key. Getting in and out of applications, and access to fingertip utility is key - Bring the most used features/functions to the top - camera, calendar, phone, key apps etc. -- People want to find, use, and disengage as quickly as they can.
- Yahoo introduces one-stop business listing dashboard for SMBs
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...