News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
5 Questions with timeRAZOR's Jeff White
Earlier this week, data from LiveAnalytics pointed out how mobile consumers are using devices at events; one app, timeRAZOR, helps brands reach mobile consumers by targeting event listings to the local level. I recently chatted with timeRAZOR's CEO about the platform
Kristina: What is timeRAZOR and why it is important for mobile businesses?
Jeff White, timeRAZOR CEO: timeRAZOR is THE dynamic hyper-local events app. Solving the problem of "What are things I can do?". With the largest event and venue database in the US we enable brands to become front and center with consumers when they make decisions about the brands and businesses they engage with on a local level.
Kristina: Tell me about the knowWHERE technology is about?
Jeff: timeRAZOR's bleeding-edge knowWHERE predictive technology is smart enough to know where your target audience WILL BE and match them to your events and locations:
• Creating a catalyst to increase attendance, sales, brand engagement and loyalty
• Captures deep insights and demographic analytics to allow for smarter re-marketing
• Drives exponential viral marketing and friend-to-friend sharing by harnessing the social graphs of attendees and fans
Kristina: Through 2012 we've seen a huge increase in mobile consumption - through browsers and through apps. Is mobile becoming the primary way people are engaging with content?
Jeff: In terms of content engagement, mobile adoption has been faster and bigger than previous other disruptive technologies - faster than radio, TV and the internet. In an increasing number of households mobile devices are the only means to engage with content as a tablet or smartphone is replacing the home computer. So clearly mobile is the primary way people are engaging with the world around them including content.
Kristina: Is there going to be a breaking point for consumers and mobile consumption?
Jeff: No more than there was a breaking point for other content consumption. There will always be increasing advances in technology, means to engage, and devices. Mobile for now is largely referring to smartphones and tablets but already that is morphing to other device form factors -- clothing, glasses, etc. are just mobile devices that are gaining traction for people on the move.
Kristina: What trends are you seeing in mobile?
Jeff: The biggest trend is time - I once heard at a conference that apps would kill search. People wouldn't go to the internet and search to solve problems they would instead turn to apps. True or not, what is true about people's behaviors and mobile is time is key. Getting in and out of applications, and access to fingertip utility is key - Bring the most used features/functions to the top - camera, calendar, phone, key apps etc. -- People want to find, use, and disengage as quickly as they can.
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...