News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
33Across: Focus on Facebook vs. the rest of the Web
Have you reassesed your Facebook strategy lately? Many have. A new survey from social and interest graph operators 33Across reveals that more agencies and brands are shifting their attention from Facebook towards "the rest of the Web".
33Across surveyed 2,200 agencies and brands in June and found that advertisers are focusing less on Facebook and more on "the rest of the Web".
Whereas in March, 58% of marketers were focusing on Facebook, the June survey found that the number looking to Facebook has dropped. Today, 71% of those surveyed said they were focusing 80% of their attention on "the rest of the Web".
When asked about their future spending plans, the picture that emerges doesn't bode well for the social network. The numbers planning on decreasing their Facebook spend are five times higher today than they were pre-IPO.
"What was particularly surprising to me was the dramatic shift in advertiser and agency attitudes towards Facebook after the IPO," said Allie Kline, Chief Marketing Officer, 33Across. "Facebook's future greatly depends on advertiser spend -- on both the web and mobile devices -- and this survey indicates that they have some work to do to restore advertiser confidence in their Facebook investments."
Have you recently re-assessed your Facebook spending?
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...