News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
33Across: Focus on Facebook vs. the rest of the Web
Have you reassesed your Facebook strategy lately? Many have. A new survey from social and interest graph operators 33Across reveals that more agencies and brands are shifting their attention from Facebook towards "the rest of the Web".
33Across surveyed 2,200 agencies and brands in June and found that advertisers are focusing less on Facebook and more on "the rest of the Web".
Whereas in March, 58% of marketers were focusing on Facebook, the June survey found that the number looking to Facebook has dropped. Today, 71% of those surveyed said they were focusing 80% of their attention on "the rest of the Web".
When asked about their future spending plans, the picture that emerges doesn't bode well for the social network. The numbers planning on decreasing their Facebook spend are five times higher today than they were pre-IPO.
"What was particularly surprising to me was the dramatic shift in advertiser and agency attitudes towards Facebook after the IPO," said Allie Kline, Chief Marketing Officer, 33Across. "Facebook's future greatly depends on advertiser spend -- on both the web and mobile devices -- and this survey indicates that they have some work to do to restore advertiser confidence in their Facebook investments."
Have you recently re-assessed your Facebook spending?
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...