News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
1 in 4 abandon online purchases due to forced registration
Do you require your website users to register with you before making a purchase? If so, you could be losing out on a heap of sales, according to new research from Econsultancy and Toluna.
There are a number of things that can cause a website user to abandon a website at the point of purchase. The usual culprits are high delivery prices, technical issues, trust issues and high product prices.
However, there's another reason that consumers may choose not to continue with a purchase - registration.
We're all used to being asked at a store checkout if we'd like to join up for this or that loyalty scheme and register details. It's easy to say no and continue the process. However, some online websites don't give shoppers the option of purchasing without registering, and that time-consuming process is causing them to walk away empty-handed.
According to Econsultancy and Toluna's findings, a smidge over a quarter (25.6%) of shoppers would abandon a purchase if asked to register their details first.
Giving shoppers the option of a Guest Checkout will keep those who don't want to register on-site. Alternatively, there's no reason why the registration request can't be positioned post-sale, or even in the sales confirmation email, so as not to divert shoppers from proceeding with the purchase.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...