News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
1 in 4 abandon online purchases due to forced registration
Do you require your website users to register with you before making a purchase? If so, you could be losing out on a heap of sales, according to new research from Econsultancy and Toluna.
There are a number of things that can cause a website user to abandon a website at the point of purchase. The usual culprits are high delivery prices, technical issues, trust issues and high product prices.
However, there's another reason that consumers may choose not to continue with a purchase - registration.
We're all used to being asked at a store checkout if we'd like to join up for this or that loyalty scheme and register details. It's easy to say no and continue the process. However, some online websites don't give shoppers the option of purchasing without registering, and that time-consuming process is causing them to walk away empty-handed.
According to Econsultancy and Toluna's findings, a smidge over a quarter (25.6%) of shoppers would abandon a purchase if asked to register their details first.
Giving shoppers the option of a Guest Checkout will keep those who don't want to register on-site. Alternatively, there's no reason why the registration request can't be positioned post-sale, or even in the sales confirmation email, so as not to divert shoppers from proceeding with the purchase.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...