News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Click-and-collect service provided by just 44% of top 50 retailers
Retailers in the UK are missing out on sales opportunities because less than half provide consumers with a click-and-collect shopping option, according to a new report from the IVIS Group.
Just 44% of the top 50 retailers in the UK, by revenue, allow customers to order products online and collect them at the nearest store, despite multi-channel shopping becoming an increasingly popular purchase method.
"In-store and online crossover is a growing trend, but the number of retailers offering this service is low - even when taking into account that certain product types may not suit the click-and-collect model," said Paul Bolton, Director of Product and Corporate Strategy at IVIS Group.
"Retailers need to start thinking like shoppers. Running a unified operation means the customer gets the best experience."
According to Bolton, there is a widening gap between retailers that provide a seamless multi-channel approach. Of those that offer click-and-collect services most are well placed to meet consumer expectations. More than three quarters (77%) allow consumers to make orders both from websites and mobile devices, just 23% only provide the service from websites.
IVIS Group's first annual multi-channel maturity benchmark report, "Customer first, channels second", is available to download online.
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More money to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...