News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Two-thirds of Brits purchase homewares online
Online interior specialist Wayfair UK has revealed that economic troubles and austerity in the UK have done little to curb spending on homeware items online, particularly among young, new homeowners.
Two-thirds (66%) of 800 or so British respondents to Wayfair UK's survey go online to purchase homeware items. The majority of these shoppers were aged between 18 and 24, reports The Multichannel Retailer.com.
The average amount spent on decorating was between 1000 and 3000 in the first month of moving. This rises to up to 5000 among 35 to 44 year olds.
Older shoppers were more likely to purchase brand new items (63%), whereas younger homemakers were more likely to purchase second-hand items with just 36% buying new.
"It's interesting to note the commitment that people show to improving their homes," said John Kennedy, managing director at Wayfair UK.
"When you consider the difficult economic climate we are currently experiencing, I think it just goes to show how much value people place on having a happy and comfortable home from which to have their lives."
Accountancy & business services firm BDO's April High Street Sales Tracker showed that overall like-for-like sales at mid-tier retailers fell 0.8% year-on-year in April when the weather played havoc with fashion sales. People instead turned to updating their homes with homewares like-for-like sales picking up during April, rising 14% annually.
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...