News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Two-thirds of Brits purchase homewares online
Online interior specialist Wayfair UK has revealed that economic troubles and austerity in the UK have done little to curb spending on homeware items online, particularly among young, new homeowners.
Two-thirds (66%) of 800 or so British respondents to Wayfair UK's survey go online to purchase homeware items. The majority of these shoppers were aged between 18 and 24, reports The Multichannel Retailer.com.
The average amount spent on decorating was between 1000 and 3000 in the first month of moving. This rises to up to 5000 among 35 to 44 year olds.
Older shoppers were more likely to purchase brand new items (63%), whereas younger homemakers were more likely to purchase second-hand items with just 36% buying new.
"It's interesting to note the commitment that people show to improving their homes," said John Kennedy, managing director at Wayfair UK.
"When you consider the difficult economic climate we are currently experiencing, I think it just goes to show how much value people place on having a happy and comfortable home from which to have their lives."
Accountancy & business services firm BDO's April High Street Sales Tracker showed that overall like-for-like sales at mid-tier retailers fell 0.8% year-on-year in April when the weather played havoc with fashion sales. People instead turned to updating their homes with homewares like-for-like sales picking up during April, rising 14% annually.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...