News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 80% feel demand-gen campaigns falling short
Demand generation efforts are struggling according to a new survey from Corporate Visions. After surveying more than 400 sales people and executives, researchers found a startling 80% believe their demand-gen campaigns are not helping them meet sales or marketing goals.
"This quarter's survey results clearly show us that organizations are facing serious challenges when it comes to creating and executing effective demand generation campaigns," said Tim Riesterer, chief strategy and marketing officer for Corporate Visions. "Ironically, the survey revealed that the two largest disconnects are the two most important factors to achieving demand generation success: creating engaging content and developing messages that clearly address customer pain points. If salespeople and marketers are able to work together to implement these two strategies successfully into their campaigns, they will be able to motivate prospects and win more business."
Some interesting findings include:
• 20% of respondents say demand-gen campaigns are 'fully effective'
• 37% say their content 'is not engaging enough'
• 31% say efforts fall short because sales and marketing departments aren't properly aligned
• 29% say budget issues, lack of content or executive buy-in cause campaigns to fall short
Also of interest more than half (65%) say sales teams are using at most half of the content created by marketing departments for demand generation campaigns while 60% say demand-gen campaigns are focused on their brand's products/services. They believe content should also include 'customer's pain points' so that prospects are offered solutions and if/then suggestions.
Those types of content can more deeply engage a consumer by offering added value to the ad - rather than saying Brand A Coupe gets 35 miles per gallon, for example, pain-point information might also include how competitor brands fall short and how Brand A's Coupe could solve that problem for the buyer.
- Yahoo introduces one-stop business listing dashboard for SMBs
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Amazon facilitates social gifting on Facebook
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...