News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 80% feel demand-gen campaigns falling short
Demand generation efforts are struggling according to a new survey from Corporate Visions. After surveying more than 400 sales people and executives, researchers found a startling 80% believe their demand-gen campaigns are not helping them meet sales or marketing goals.
"This quarter's survey results clearly show us that organizations are facing serious challenges when it comes to creating and executing effective demand generation campaigns," said Tim Riesterer, chief strategy and marketing officer for Corporate Visions. "Ironically, the survey revealed that the two largest disconnects are the two most important factors to achieving demand generation success: creating engaging content and developing messages that clearly address customer pain points. If salespeople and marketers are able to work together to implement these two strategies successfully into their campaigns, they will be able to motivate prospects and win more business."
Some interesting findings include:
• 20% of respondents say demand-gen campaigns are 'fully effective'
• 37% say their content 'is not engaging enough'
• 31% say efforts fall short because sales and marketing departments aren't properly aligned
• 29% say budget issues, lack of content or executive buy-in cause campaigns to fall short
Also of interest more than half (65%) say sales teams are using at most half of the content created by marketing departments for demand generation campaigns while 60% say demand-gen campaigns are focused on their brand's products/services. They believe content should also include 'customer's pain points' so that prospects are offered solutions and if/then suggestions.
Those types of content can more deeply engage a consumer by offering added value to the ad - rather than saying Brand A Coupe gets 35 miles per gallon, for example, pain-point information might also include how competitor brands fall short and how Brand A's Coupe could solve that problem for the buyer.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...