News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Video views via tablet, phone increase but via computer down
US viewers are not only paying to watch some content, but they're spending more time with paid content than ever before - especially via smart device - finds new data out from J.D. Power and Associates. While paid content views via computer are on the decrease, researchers find nearly 20% of tablet and 16% of smartphone owners are catching content on those devices.
Some interesting findings from the 2012 U.S. Residential Pay-to-View Study include:
• 29% of video viewers watch paid content via handheld device
•39% watch paid content via computer (down 9% YoY)
• Gen Y viewers want better customer service along with additional content
• Baby Boomers are content with additional content options
"Customers are becoming more comfortable viewing their paid content on a smaller screen, such as a tablet or mobile phone," said Frank Perazzini, director of telecommunications at J.D. Power and Associates. "The convenience of the device, as well as the availability of the content, has made it much easier to experience video on a variety of devices. However, the desire to watch events and video content as it happens is still prevalent, as more than 50% of viewers watch live television programming."
Also of interest from the report, time spent with gaming consoles is on the up - especially when it comes to content viewing. Researchers found more than 20% of those with gaming consoles are viewing content through the machines. What's more, these viewers are spending more time with content, an average of 6.3 hours, versus those engaging through PC/Mac (5.3 hours) or smartphone (4.9 hours).
- Expert: Where retailers should focus this holiday season
- Top 3 tips to create stronger video content
- Forecast: Holidays could be a boon to retailers
- 'Password fatigue' drives social login use
- Millennial-led SMBs defining new world order for marketing
- Online payment fraud costing U.S. merchants billions
- Online ad viewability in UK remains below 50%
- Mobile banking logins outpacing desktop
Featured White Papers
- How to Master the Art of LinkedIn InMail Prospecting
Learn how to improve your LinkedIn Inmail prospecting skills with this practical guide, complete with real-life examples....