News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Video views via tablet, phone increase but via computer down
US viewers are not only paying to watch some content, but they're spending more time with paid content than ever before - especially via smart device - finds new data out from J.D. Power and Associates. While paid content views via computer are on the decrease, researchers find nearly 20% of tablet and 16% of smartphone owners are catching content on those devices.
Some interesting findings from the 2012 U.S. Residential Pay-to-View Study include:
• 29% of video viewers watch paid content via handheld device
•39% watch paid content via computer (down 9% YoY)
• Gen Y viewers want better customer service along with additional content
• Baby Boomers are content with additional content options
"Customers are becoming more comfortable viewing their paid content on a smaller screen, such as a tablet or mobile phone," said Frank Perazzini, director of telecommunications at J.D. Power and Associates. "The convenience of the device, as well as the availability of the content, has made it much easier to experience video on a variety of devices. However, the desire to watch events and video content as it happens is still prevalent, as more than 50% of viewers watch live television programming."
Also of interest from the report, time spent with gaming consoles is on the up - especially when it comes to content viewing. Researchers found more than 20% of those with gaming consoles are viewing content through the machines. What's more, these viewers are spending more time with content, an average of 6.3 hours, versus those engaging through PC/Mac (5.3 hours) or smartphone (4.9 hours).
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...