News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Video views via tablet, phone increase but via computer down
US viewers are not only paying to watch some content, but they're spending more time with paid content than ever before - especially via smart device - finds new data out from J.D. Power and Associates. While paid content views via computer are on the decrease, researchers find nearly 20% of tablet and 16% of smartphone owners are catching content on those devices.
Some interesting findings from the 2012 U.S. Residential Pay-to-View Study include:
• 29% of video viewers watch paid content via handheld device
•39% watch paid content via computer (down 9% YoY)
• Gen Y viewers want better customer service along with additional content
• Baby Boomers are content with additional content options
"Customers are becoming more comfortable viewing their paid content on a smaller screen, such as a tablet or mobile phone," said Frank Perazzini, director of telecommunications at J.D. Power and Associates. "The convenience of the device, as well as the availability of the content, has made it much easier to experience video on a variety of devices. However, the desire to watch events and video content as it happens is still prevalent, as more than 50% of viewers watch live television programming."
Also of interest from the report, time spent with gaming consoles is on the up - especially when it comes to content viewing. Researchers found more than 20% of those with gaming consoles are viewing content through the machines. What's more, these viewers are spending more time with content, an average of 6.3 hours, versus those engaging through PC/Mac (5.3 hours) or smartphone (4.9 hours).
- Top 3 annoyances for mobile shoppers
- Study: Black Millennials betting on themselves
- Top 3 tips to take Valentine's strategies year-round
- No age limit to looking for love online
- Goodbye second-screening, hello switch-screening
- Less than one-third of emails opened on desktop last year
- Ad Roundup: Platforms for sales, ecommerce
- Top 3 tips to get more from email on Valentine's campaigns
Featured White Papers
- Device of Choice for Online Shoppers & Buyers
Did you know that men shop and buy from mobile devices more than women? Being aware of nuances like this...
- 5 'Must Have' Tactics For Your 2016 Digital Marketing Plan
What are the 5 "must have" tactics that experts agree can help everyone's 2016 digital marketing?...
- Consumers Tell All, Part 1: Online Shopping Frequency
This report looks at how frequently online shoppers are making purchases....