News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Video views via tablet, phone increase but via computer down
US viewers are not only paying to watch some content, but they're spending more time with paid content than ever before - especially via smart device - finds new data out from J.D. Power and Associates. While paid content views via computer are on the decrease, researchers find nearly 20% of tablet and 16% of smartphone owners are catching content on those devices.
Some interesting findings from the 2012 U.S. Residential Pay-to-View Study include:
• 29% of video viewers watch paid content via handheld device
•39% watch paid content via computer (down 9% YoY)
• Gen Y viewers want better customer service along with additional content
• Baby Boomers are content with additional content options
"Customers are becoming more comfortable viewing their paid content on a smaller screen, such as a tablet or mobile phone," said Frank Perazzini, director of telecommunications at J.D. Power and Associates. "The convenience of the device, as well as the availability of the content, has made it much easier to experience video on a variety of devices. However, the desire to watch events and video content as it happens is still prevalent, as more than 50% of viewers watch live television programming."
Also of interest from the report, time spent with gaming consoles is on the up - especially when it comes to content viewing. Researchers found more than 20% of those with gaming consoles are viewing content through the machines. What's more, these viewers are spending more time with content, an average of 6.3 hours, versus those engaging through PC/Mac (5.3 hours) or smartphone (4.9 hours).
- Ad Roundup: Releases for content monetization
- In ecommerce, personalization missing the mark
- Product imagery on retailers' mobile sites lags desktop versions
- Why the press release is (still) not dead
- Expert: Why B2Bers need social
- Is your branded content memorable?
- Study: Most believe personalization key to success
- Report: Most Amazon sellers looking for new marketplaces
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...