News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Users worried about Facebook privacy
When it comes to social networking, consumers aren't slowing down. However, a new study indicates consumers' worries about privacy in the social space are increasing - specifically photo privacy.
According to a new report from MiMedia just over half of American social networkers have shared photos via social networks in the past year. They further found a majority (74%) don't think socnets are 'concerned' about the privacy of users' images/photos. That is worrisome enough, but 80% say if they find their privacy is violated, they'll stop using that network. That could impact not only the socnet but any brands using the social space to connect and engage shoppers as well.
"Consumers clearly value the ability to access and share their digital life with friends and family, and many place a higher value on these functions than backup and security," said Erik Zamkoff, CEO of MiMedia. "The cloud is quickly making its way into the consumer lexicon. . . This is why we created MiMedia, to help consumers easily access and quickly share their media from anywhere without having to sacrifice the security of their files or their privacy."
Other interesting findings include:
• 54% share photos at least weekly via socnets
• Only 21% backup photos regularly
• 43% of those sharing via social 'don't even think' about backing up
• 81% said they'd never heard of cloud computing
• 60% say they 'do not use' any consumer cloud computing services
According to the comScore Media Metrix Facebook ranked fourth for unique visitors (April 2012) with more than 158 million. Google sites, including the video social network YouTube) ranked first with 188.9 million unique users.
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...