News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Users worried about Facebook privacy
When it comes to social networking, consumers aren't slowing down. However, a new study indicates consumers' worries about privacy in the social space are increasing - specifically photo privacy.
According to a new report from MiMedia just over half of American social networkers have shared photos via social networks in the past year. They further found a majority (74%) don't think socnets are 'concerned' about the privacy of users' images/photos. That is worrisome enough, but 80% say if they find their privacy is violated, they'll stop using that network. That could impact not only the socnet but any brands using the social space to connect and engage shoppers as well.
"Consumers clearly value the ability to access and share their digital life with friends and family, and many place a higher value on these functions than backup and security," said Erik Zamkoff, CEO of MiMedia. "The cloud is quickly making its way into the consumer lexicon. . . This is why we created MiMedia, to help consumers easily access and quickly share their media from anywhere without having to sacrifice the security of their files or their privacy."
Other interesting findings include:
• 54% share photos at least weekly via socnets
• Only 21% backup photos regularly
• 43% of those sharing via social 'don't even think' about backing up
• 81% said they'd never heard of cloud computing
• 60% say they 'do not use' any consumer cloud computing services
According to the comScore Media Metrix Facebook ranked fourth for unique visitors (April 2012) with more than 158 million. Google sites, including the video social network YouTube) ranked first with 188.9 million unique users.
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...