News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Moms find tech engaging, distracting
A new study out from Starcom MediaVest Group and Yahoo indicates global moms are finding technology both a help and a hindrance. Researchers surveyed 4,000 mothers around the globe; they found that most moms are both finding technology a way to bond/spend time with the family and as a distraction.
Sound familiar? Likely we've all felt the way these moms have felt at one time or another. More moms (71%) found technology to be a way to spend time with the family but still over half (52%) say technology is a distraction during family times.
"More and more, moms are aware of both the opportunities and challenges that result from constantly being plugged in, and they are struggling to find a way to create moments that are memorable and lasting as opposed to just running down to-do lists," said Lauren Weinberg, VP, Research & Insights, Yahoo!.
"Brands have understood that moments are important to moms for many years. We've all seen these important moments showcased on brand creative. However, moms today don't want this just acknowledged. They need help in creating more of these moments that matter so much. The force of technology is elevating both the need and providing brands with new opportunities to help moms create more meaningful family time," said Adam Kruse, VP, Global Director, SMG.
What can tech brands do to more deeply engage moms and/or show moms how technology can help to create a deeper family connection? Starcom's advice is to help mother's adapt - focus content on ways family's can use a product - an internet-ready camera, for example, which shares pictures through social media - to extend those 'mom moments'.
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...