News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Study: Moms find tech engaging, distracting
A new study out from Starcom MediaVest Group and Yahoo indicates global moms are finding technology both a help and a hindrance. Researchers surveyed 4,000 mothers around the globe; they found that most moms are both finding technology a way to bond/spend time with the family and as a distraction.
Sound familiar? Likely we've all felt the way these moms have felt at one time or another. More moms (71%) found technology to be a way to spend time with the family but still over half (52%) say technology is a distraction during family times.
"More and more, moms are aware of both the opportunities and challenges that result from constantly being plugged in, and they are struggling to find a way to create moments that are memorable and lasting as opposed to just running down to-do lists," said Lauren Weinberg, VP, Research & Insights, Yahoo!.
"Brands have understood that moments are important to moms for many years. We've all seen these important moments showcased on brand creative. However, moms today don't want this just acknowledged. They need help in creating more of these moments that matter so much. The force of technology is elevating both the need and providing brands with new opportunities to help moms create more meaningful family time," said Adam Kruse, VP, Global Director, SMG.
What can tech brands do to more deeply engage moms and/or show moms how technology can help to create a deeper family connection? Starcom's advice is to help mother's adapt - focus content on ways family's can use a product - an internet-ready camera, for example, which shares pictures through social media - to extend those 'mom moments'.
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...