News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Socialbakers reveals disappointing social media customer service response times
More research reveals the poor response consumers are experiencing from firms' social media channels. Socialbakers shows how most companies are missing out on a prime opportunity to engage consumers.
Earlier this week I reported on a new study from Conversocial that found over half of U.S. consumers found their social media customer services experiences to be "disappointing" or "mediocre".
New research by Socialbakers found a similar scenario. Despite an "incredible opportunity to expand social engagement", their findings show that:
- Just 30% of social media fans' feedback is responded to;
- Over 25% of companies on Facebook have closed wall on their Page, meaning fans are unable to leave comments or feedback;
- Local businesses are better at responding to social media with 40% responding to consumer queries.
Perhaps more disappointing is the average amount of time it takes for companies to respond - 26 hours. Conversocial's research found that almost 30% of respondents expected a reply within the same business day and the same number expected a reply "within hours".
A similar number (29.7%) expected a response in less than an hour, of which 16.6% wanted a super-fast reply in less than 10 minutes. Companies simply aren't being as attentive as today's social media users demand.
Socialbakers has developed the "Socially Devoted" rankings to allow companies to compare themselves against others. Currently ranked number one, Personal Argentina, a mobile operator in South America, is a truly "Socially Devoted" outfit. The company answers thousands of queries via social media channels with an average response time of just four minutes.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...