News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
SMBs: We're Optimistic
A new survey released today from j2Global finds, if small businesses are the marker, the US economy is actually doing better. The Mid-Year SMB Report Card reports 76% of SMBs are 'optimistic' about their future; under 20% report they're unsure until 'after the November election'.
"Small businesses have always been a driver of economic growth. Seeing their continued optimism, as well as their adoption of mobile technologies and social media, is a promising sign," said Mike Pugh, vice president, marketing of j2 Global. "SMBs keep pushing forward, finding new, more efficient ways of doing business in the cloud and on the move."
One interesting note: the younger small business owners are slightly more optimistic than their older counterparts - 81% of Gen X SMB owners are optimistic compared to 71% of Baby Boomers and 64% of Seniors.
The report also shows the importance of mobile for small businesses. More than one-third (38%) of those responding say they use '5 or more' apps to run the business, with email apps the most used app. Other popular mobile apps include sales, phone and video communication apps.
And lets not forget about the social sphere - more and more SMBs are turning to socnets like Facebook and Twitter to get the word out about local deals or to target local shoppers. The report indicates:
• Restaurants are most likely to use Facebook
• LinkedIn is used by more consultancies
• Google+ is most likely to be used by a medical small business
• Only 1% of SMBs have turned to Pinterest
• Over one-third (37%) of survey respondents say Facebook is the 'most important social network' for them
- Expert: Why brands should consider the subscription box
- Retail trends to watch for 2017
- Expert: Tips for a more productive 2017
- Consumers more likely to click on ads featuring user-generated photography
- Personalized offers on mobile drive consumers in-store
- Marketers prioritizing social media for product launches
- Reports: Mobile hot but not everyone is buying
- Ad Roundup: Acquisition, launch to add layers of control
Featured White Papers
- How to Deliver Content Your Employees Will Love to Share
Your employees are your greatest asset. It makes perfect sense that companies would double down on their own talent, empowering...