News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
ShopVisible: PayPal favored by mobile shoppers, not online
Just because your website customers aren't using alternative payment methods, such as PayPal, doesn't mean your mobile customers won't want the option. According to ShopVisible, mobile is a different animal and alternative payment methods are what over-two thirds of mobile shoppers are choosing to use.
Alternative payment options play an important role in facilitating mobile transactions, according to ShopVisible's review of over 23,000 online and mobile transactions over 2 months.
Just 33% of the mobile transactions reviewed were made with a credit card, while 67% were made with PayPal or another alternative payment method.
However, data for website shoppers paints a very different picture. Consumers making payments online were far less likely to use PayPal (16%) and instead chose to pay with a credit card (62%).
According to Sean Cook, CEO of ShopVisible, "mobile is a different animal". Businesses that don't currently see a lot of alternative payment use on their websites should not assume the same behavior of their mobile customers.
"Lacking a simple alternative payment method could crush any retailer implementing a mobile commerce strategy. Even if alternative payment methods don't constitute a large percentage of your existing web business, you should reconsider the relative importance when it comes to your mobile strategy," said Cook.
PayPal has recently ramped up its offline presence to attract mobile shoppers in-store. As well as rolling out their payment solution to all 2,000 of The Home Depot's stores, another 15 brick-and-mortar retailers have agreed to use PayPal's offline payment solution.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...