News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Research: Target ads to insomniacs watching online television.. at night
I hope Red Bull, Sealy and Unisom marketers have read this new research. Companies seeking out insomniacs should target sufferers online, particularly around television content, reveals a new study by audience targeting firm Resonate.
According to Resonate's study of over 4,500 respondents, of which 694 (14%) were self-identified as insomniacs, sufferers spend more time online each week and are more likely to watch television on a device other than a television set.
Women are more likely to suffer from the condition and be between the ages of 35 and 54 and divorced.
The study, reported by ClickZ, found that insomniacs are 30% more likely than the Online Adult Population to spend in excess of 40 hours per week online. Could that be a direct result of longer waking hours?
Furthermore, those fighting for sleep in the wee hours are 34% more likely than the Online Adult Population to watch television on their computer or laptop, 31% more likely to watch television on a tablet and 24% more likely to watch on a mobile phone.
Resonate suggests that marketers take advantage of insomniacs' that watch late-night television online and target ads overnight. They suggest brands selling products such as energy drinks, sleep aids, mattresses, beds and consumer electronics would be a particularly good fit.
- Why developers need to test apps
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...