News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Research finds optimal time and day for social media campaign deployment
For social media marketers, Tuesday is the new Friday, according to a new report from Yesmail Interactive that finds many campaigns are being started on the wrong day of the week and even at the wrong time of day.
Yesmail's "Using Digital Market Intelligence to Drive Multi-Channel Success" report sheds light on which days, and which times, are best to deploy a social media campaign. The findings are broken down by platform such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
The best day to start a Facebook campaign is Tuesday, found Yesmail. However, that day is fourth in terms of when campaigns are currently being deployed.
The most popular time for Facebook campaigns to be deployed is between 11am and 1pm, yet campaigns on the social network reach their highest levels of interaction between 10pm and 12am.
Most Twitter campaigns are currently sent out on Fridays, yet this is the least engaging day in terms of Re-Tweets.
Most (84%) of Twitter campaigns were started within business hours of 9am to 7pm, yet 5am to 6am and 7am to 8am are the hours during which engagement levels are highest.
The least-used day for beginning YouTube campaigns is Monday which is, you guessed it, the day on which most engagement occurs.
Over two-thirds (68%) of YouTube campaigns were deployed between 11am and 7pm, but the optimum time in terms of engagement is 2am to 3am. The second-most effective deployment timeslot in terms of engagement is 6am to 7am, yet this is the least used timeslot by marketers.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...