News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Research finds optimal time and day for social media campaign deployment
For social media marketers, Tuesday is the new Friday, according to a new report from Yesmail Interactive that finds many campaigns are being started on the wrong day of the week and even at the wrong time of day.
Yesmail's "Using Digital Market Intelligence to Drive Multi-Channel Success" report sheds light on which days, and which times, are best to deploy a social media campaign. The findings are broken down by platform such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube.
The best day to start a Facebook campaign is Tuesday, found Yesmail. However, that day is fourth in terms of when campaigns are currently being deployed.
The most popular time for Facebook campaigns to be deployed is between 11am and 1pm, yet campaigns on the social network reach their highest levels of interaction between 10pm and 12am.
Most Twitter campaigns are currently sent out on Fridays, yet this is the least engaging day in terms of Re-Tweets.
Most (84%) of Twitter campaigns were started within business hours of 9am to 7pm, yet 5am to 6am and 7am to 8am are the hours during which engagement levels are highest.
The least-used day for beginning YouTube campaigns is Monday which is, you guessed it, the day on which most engagement occurs.
Over two-thirds (68%) of YouTube campaigns were deployed between 11am and 7pm, but the optimum time in terms of engagement is 2am to 3am. The second-most effective deployment timeslot in terms of engagement is 6am to 7am, yet this is the least used timeslot by marketers.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...