News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Some gamers skew older
Gamers aren't just getting younger, they're getting older. Literally - at least depending on the method used to play. According to the 2012 PopCap Games Mobile Gaming Research results gamers playing exclusively on tablets are skewing older than those playing other mobile games.
On average mobile gamers are listing about 39 ½ years of age (US, UK), but according to the results tablet-only players are skewing up to nearly 45 years of age. As well as skewing older, mobile and tablet gamers were found to play longer than other gamers and three-quarters of gamers who are playing via tablet have never played on another mobile device. Some other interesting findings include:
• 40% of those playing via smartphone and tablet say much of their gaming has switched toward the tablet
• 57% of mobile gamers say playing is becoming a 'regular part of their day'
• In 2009 29% said they played at least 1 hour per day, in 2012 42% say the same
• Of those playing and spending real money to play, the average spend is expected to be just over $29 this year
"Half (51%) of mobile gamers have spent real money to purchase a mobile game, game currency and/or game content in the past year, with upgrading from a free game trial or game app to a paid version being the most common purchase," was written in the report.
Of those spending real cash to play most are upgrading from free to premium versions (27%), most (48%) are younger (age 35 and under) and male (56%). Tablet owners were found to make more in-game purchases for real money.
One gaming area that isn't expanding in the mobile realm is social gaming. Nearly one-third of respondents said they 'never' play social games via mobile device.
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...