News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Pew: Over half of U.S. pensioners online
Many people that turn 65 and end their working lives can feel isolated. However, today's retirees are more connected than ever before, according to new data from Pew Internet and American Life Project.
For the first time, half of Americans age 65 and over are going online. Pew's latest data reveals that 53% of retirees are connected with recent growth exceeding that of the past few years.
Their Internet use isn't erratic, 70% use the Internet on a daily basis, compared with 82% of all Internet users. Email is popular with online seniors. Nearly half use email on a typical day. However, social networking sites, such as Facebook and LinkedIn, are not as popular. Just 34% of seniors use these at all, and only 18% on a typical day.
It's not just the Internet that has grabbed the attention of over 65s. About 70% own a mobile phone, up from 57% two years ago.
"It's great news for the relaunch of our website and PhotoVideogram App on Grandparents Day in September as the 'Grandparents.com Social Network,'" said Jeffrey Mahl, President of Grandparents.com, "The 50+ demographic is adopting the web at an ever accelerating rate, which enhances our strategic marketing plan to grow in the online business with America's greatest, most talented and experienced national resource - our grandparents! They have so much to give back."
Pew's research found that, after age 75, Internet usage drops off. Internet adoption among the "G.I. Generation" has only reached 34%.
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...