News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
OPA: Tablet users access content, react to ads
When it comes to engaging with content tablet users continue looking for more. According to new data from the Online Publisher's Association nearly all (94%) tablet users access content via their device which 67% browse the web and 66% check email. More importantly for advertisers and publishers, the ads found are likely to engage these users.
"A Portrait of Today's Tablet User - Wave II" finds about half of tablet consumers access online video or get weather information which about one-third look for national news or entertainment content. There are more than 70 million tablet consumers in the US currently.
"The growing base of tablet users is also showing a healthy appetite for paid content with 61% having purchased tablet content in the past year," said Pam Horan, President of the OPA. "Considering tablets have only been available for a little over two years, the findings of this study truly underscore the possibilities for publishers to grow their business as consumers are willing to open their wallets in order to have original content at their fingertips."
Perhaps more importantly, with so many Americans consuming content via tablet, ads are faring well in the space. Just over one-third (38%) have made a purchase after seeing a tablet ad - and tablet consumers purchased nearly $360 (average) in the year prior to the study.
Other interesting findings include:
• 74% of tablet consumers use the device every day
• Tablet consumers spend nearly 14 hours per week using their device
• Shorter-form video content is king with 92% of clips from news, weather or sports content
• 23% of downloaded tablet apps are paid apps
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...