News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
OPA: Tablet users access content, react to ads
When it comes to engaging with content tablet users continue looking for more. According to new data from the Online Publisher's Association nearly all (94%) tablet users access content via their device which 67% browse the web and 66% check email. More importantly for advertisers and publishers, the ads found are likely to engage these users.
"A Portrait of Today's Tablet User - Wave II" finds about half of tablet consumers access online video or get weather information which about one-third look for national news or entertainment content. There are more than 70 million tablet consumers in the US currently.
"The growing base of tablet users is also showing a healthy appetite for paid content with 61% having purchased tablet content in the past year," said Pam Horan, President of the OPA. "Considering tablets have only been available for a little over two years, the findings of this study truly underscore the possibilities for publishers to grow their business as consumers are willing to open their wallets in order to have original content at their fingertips."
Perhaps more importantly, with so many Americans consuming content via tablet, ads are faring well in the space. Just over one-third (38%) have made a purchase after seeing a tablet ad - and tablet consumers purchased nearly $360 (average) in the year prior to the study.
Other interesting findings include:
• 74% of tablet consumers use the device every day
• Tablet consumers spend nearly 14 hours per week using their device
• Shorter-form video content is king with 92% of clips from news, weather or sports content
• 23% of downloaded tablet apps are paid apps
- Accenture: Execs have tech, need talent to make sense of data
- Study: More people working on home To-Dos from work
- Study: Mobile users will wait
- SendGrid launches email service
- IAB UK: Fashion retailers perform best in mobile marketing
- Mobile offers, coupons big draw for Dads
- Cardiff University beats prestigious Oxford in online presence stakes
- Report: SMBs missing out on mobile commerce
Featured White Papers
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Beyond Last Touch: Understanding Campaign Effectiveness
Understanding what drives customers to take action is critical to your advertising investments. However, with a flood of available metrics...