News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
One brands finds Facebook ads adding more to bottom line
Just a couple of weeks ago, during the Facebook IPO, the buzz surrounding the world's largest social networks was that ads within it weren't working. Rather than pushing ROI, the ads were seen as non-performing.
One major brand, GM, even pulled paid ads within Facebook.
Now, data from Marin Software and Stylistpick is refuting that buzz, showing that in one specific case Facebook ads did add to the bottom line. The Stylistpick website is a UK-based fashion accessory website led by celebrity stylists. Using Marin Software, they found Facebook actually helped push conversion rates to 15% through the socnet.
"Stylistpick particularly wanted to understand the impact of Facebook Ads on online subscriptions and revenues. Before deploying Marin Software, Sylistpick had limited insight into Facebook's role in the path to conversion," writes the company. "Within the first of month of deploying Marin, Stylistpick experienced a 50 percent increase in click-through rate (CTR) as a result of the platform's automated keyword bidding capabilities and campaign management functionalities."
Using Marin Software's tools, the website was able to optimize and manage social ads as well as paid search and display campaigns. Prior to deploying Marin's tools, they believed Facebook delivered a 3% conversion rate - low by any standards. Post-Marin integration they found Facebook actually pushed a 15% conversion rate.
Stylistpick credits Marin Software with helping to decrease 'Facebook Blindness' by rotating creative and creating a more streamlined bidding approach so they got more for each Facebook ad without spending more of the ad budget.
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...