News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nearly 6 hours spent with video content finds Nielsen
For the first time Nielsen is reporting how consumers are engaging with video content on the web; as of May 2012 their research shows more than 160 million unique viewers (US) watched nearly six hours of content. Much of that was entertainment-based, but the number of ad views continues to increase, as well. Where are viewers engaging with ads?
The top ad-getters, from a YouTube standpoint, were Vevo, WMG and Machinima according to the Nielsen report. Vevo attracted more than 41 million viewers while WMG pulled in 22 million and Machinma had 17 million.
As for video destinations, NielsenWire reports YouTube remained the top video landing place with more than 136 million viewers. Yahoo, the closest competitor, received 45.3 million unique viewers comparatively. But stream-wise, Hulu entered the top five paces with 968 million total streams to YouTube's 16.5 billion.
What types of content were getting the most exposure? News/Current events. Just over 60 million Americans visited news hubs like the Yahoo-ABC News platform where visitors averaged 18 visits and spend nearly 90 minutes on-site.
Meanwhile, comScore research shows more than 180 million US online video watchers for the month of May, with video ads pushing past the 10 billion mark for the first time. Overall more than 36 billion streams were counted by comScore. Their top properties remained Google/YouTube (151 million viewers, 462 minutes per viewer), Yahoo (57 million viewers, 77 minutes per viewer) and VEVO (48.2 million viewers, 57 minutes per viewer).
The top ad property was Hulu with 725 total ad minutes, followed by BrightRoll (673 total ad minutes) and Adap.tv (556 total ad minutes).
- Study: Nearly one-third say they 'don't do enough' to internationalize their business
- Millennials say the right content drives brand loyalty
- Consumers not impressed by engagement of branded apps
- Online shoppers excited about possibility of drone deliveries
- Colors affect sharing behavior on Pinterest
- Survey highlights importance of returns process to consumer loyalty
- 45% of marketers to invest in events during 2015
- Barclays Bank launches Twitter payments
Featured White Papers
- A lot of what you know about email marketing could be wrong
There is a lot of email-marketing advice floating around out there. And, frankly, a lot of it is bad. Hunches...