News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nearly 6 hours spent with video content finds Nielsen
For the first time Nielsen is reporting how consumers are engaging with video content on the web; as of May 2012 their research shows more than 160 million unique viewers (US) watched nearly six hours of content. Much of that was entertainment-based, but the number of ad views continues to increase, as well. Where are viewers engaging with ads?
The top ad-getters, from a YouTube standpoint, were Vevo, WMG and Machinima according to the Nielsen report. Vevo attracted more than 41 million viewers while WMG pulled in 22 million and Machinma had 17 million.
As for video destinations, NielsenWire reports YouTube remained the top video landing place with more than 136 million viewers. Yahoo, the closest competitor, received 45.3 million unique viewers comparatively. But stream-wise, Hulu entered the top five paces with 968 million total streams to YouTube's 16.5 billion.
What types of content were getting the most exposure? News/Current events. Just over 60 million Americans visited news hubs like the Yahoo-ABC News platform where visitors averaged 18 visits and spend nearly 90 minutes on-site.
Meanwhile, comScore research shows more than 180 million US online video watchers for the month of May, with video ads pushing past the 10 billion mark for the first time. Overall more than 36 billion streams were counted by comScore. Their top properties remained Google/YouTube (151 million viewers, 462 minutes per viewer), Yahoo (57 million viewers, 77 minutes per viewer) and VEVO (48.2 million viewers, 57 minutes per viewer).
The top ad property was Hulu with 725 total ad minutes, followed by BrightRoll (673 total ad minutes) and Adap.tv (556 total ad minutes).
- Study: 'Digital amnesia' the result of over-reliance on mobile
- New Zealand passes law criminalizing cyberbullying
- U.K.: Marketers concerned about keeping pace with marketing technology
- 'Commuter Commerce' worth £9.3 billion each year
- Research uncovers ways in which Millennials 'game' e-commerce
- Study finds that 'data for discounts' consumer behavior is a fallacy
- Ad Roundup: Solutions for ads, optimization, mobile work
- Top 3 don't's for telecom customer service
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...