News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Nearly 6 hours spent with video content finds Nielsen
For the first time Nielsen is reporting how consumers are engaging with video content on the web; as of May 2012 their research shows more than 160 million unique viewers (US) watched nearly six hours of content. Much of that was entertainment-based, but the number of ad views continues to increase, as well. Where are viewers engaging with ads?
The top ad-getters, from a YouTube standpoint, were Vevo, WMG and Machinima according to the Nielsen report. Vevo attracted more than 41 million viewers while WMG pulled in 22 million and Machinma had 17 million.
As for video destinations, NielsenWire reports YouTube remained the top video landing place with more than 136 million viewers. Yahoo, the closest competitor, received 45.3 million unique viewers comparatively. But stream-wise, Hulu entered the top five paces with 968 million total streams to YouTube's 16.5 billion.
What types of content were getting the most exposure? News/Current events. Just over 60 million Americans visited news hubs like the Yahoo-ABC News platform where visitors averaged 18 visits and spend nearly 90 minutes on-site.
Meanwhile, comScore research shows more than 180 million US online video watchers for the month of May, with video ads pushing past the 10 billion mark for the first time. Overall more than 36 billion streams were counted by comScore. Their top properties remained Google/YouTube (151 million viewers, 462 minutes per viewer), Yahoo (57 million viewers, 77 minutes per viewer) and VEVO (48.2 million viewers, 57 minutes per viewer).
The top ad property was Hulu with 725 total ad minutes, followed by BrightRoll (673 total ad minutes) and Adap.tv (556 total ad minutes).
- How to tell if interactions are successful or not
- Report: In case of emergency, try cell
- Retailers failing to maximize use of social shopping websites
- Home pages of retail websites failing to load fast enough
- U.K. ecommerce websites improve delivery options to tap overseas customers
- Forecast: More to invest in multi-screen ads
- Forrester: Mobile social users more engaged, share more
- Top 3 tips for SMBs using webinars
Featured White Papers
- 10 Best Practices for a Successful Digital Asset Management Implementation
Rich media and digital content are pervasive in organizations and continue to grow exponentially. Every aspect of the business world...
- Why The Smartest Marketers Have External Writing Teams
A successful content strategy includes many moving parts: content planning, content creation, content promotion, measuring your content's performance and optimizing...