News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Most online retailers believe ecommerce will continue growing
As nearly every online retailer in the business and they'll say ecommerce is here to stay. According to new data from Vendio 84% of online retailers are 'optimistic' about ecommerce growth; in fact only one-third of those surveyed said they planned to add a physical store location to their retail mix.
Some interesting takeaways include:
• 80% of retailers are 'satisfied' with the retailer 'experience' via Amazon
• 76% say the same about eBay
• Just over 60% of retailers said they were satisfied with actual sales numbers through Amazon and eBay
• 26% say they've been selling online for 10 or more years
• 15% have been selling online for 4-7 years
"We continue to see amazing growth with eCommerce as more sellers are moving online to grow their revenue stream," said Mike Effle, Chief Executive Officer of Vendio. "It is good to see that sellers are having positive experiences with both eBay and Amazon. It is important that sellers feel the two major online marketplaces are an effective use of their time. Thus, Amazon could close the gap between the two by improving the overall ease of use for their merchants."
eBay was found to have the simpler listing process for online retailers.
As for the future of ecommerce, the majority of those surveyed believe online shopping will continue to grow as more shoppers move online or to mobile devices to find products. In addition to the one-third who said they were now moving to an online store, 29% say they use email marketing to reach customers and 26% say they're considering moving to Amazon's hub.
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...