News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Most online retailers believe ecommerce will continue growing
As nearly every online retailer in the business and they'll say ecommerce is here to stay. According to new data from Vendio 84% of online retailers are 'optimistic' about ecommerce growth; in fact only one-third of those surveyed said they planned to add a physical store location to their retail mix.
Some interesting takeaways include:
• 80% of retailers are 'satisfied' with the retailer 'experience' via Amazon
• 76% say the same about eBay
• Just over 60% of retailers said they were satisfied with actual sales numbers through Amazon and eBay
• 26% say they've been selling online for 10 or more years
• 15% have been selling online for 4-7 years
"We continue to see amazing growth with eCommerce as more sellers are moving online to grow their revenue stream," said Mike Effle, Chief Executive Officer of Vendio. "It is good to see that sellers are having positive experiences with both eBay and Amazon. It is important that sellers feel the two major online marketplaces are an effective use of their time. Thus, Amazon could close the gap between the two by improving the overall ease of use for their merchants."
eBay was found to have the simpler listing process for online retailers.
As for the future of ecommerce, the majority of those surveyed believe online shopping will continue to grow as more shoppers move online or to mobile devices to find products. In addition to the one-third who said they were now moving to an online store, 29% say they use email marketing to reach customers and 26% say they're considering moving to Amazon's hub.
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...