News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile rich media ads engage users and encourage tap-throughs
New research from Medialets reveals that ad taps are the new ad clicks and that rich media mobile ads drive more consumers to engage with and tap-through on their devices.
Rich media ads are key to driving engagement among mobile users, found Medialets. Interactive elements of mobile ads, such as video or a product catalog can drive time spent to around 20 seconds. Brand-relevant games can hold a consumer's attention for well over a minute.
Despite these figures, just 12% of mobile ads on smartphones contain video and slightly more (30%) on tablets.
More key findings from the research include:-
- Mobile rich media ads generate tap-through rates of over 1%;
- Expand rate for mobile rich media ads is over 1%;
- Expandable banner ads are by far the most common, accounting for 64% of the total on smartphones and 60% on tablets.
The research was carried out because "performance of an ad will vary depending on factors like the quality of the creative, characteristics of the placement and-for mobile, in particular-the device on which it's run, it's still helpful to approach mobile with a baseline understanding of what can be achieved", according to Medialets' blog.
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
- JiWire: Mobile engaging travel consumers
- Drama, inane ramblings and parents turn teens off Facebook
- Survey: UK consumers re-think loyalty to brands
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...