News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Mobile rich media ads engage users and encourage tap-throughs
New research from Medialets reveals that ad taps are the new ad clicks and that rich media mobile ads drive more consumers to engage with and tap-through on their devices.
Rich media ads are key to driving engagement among mobile users, found Medialets. Interactive elements of mobile ads, such as video or a product catalog can drive time spent to around 20 seconds. Brand-relevant games can hold a consumer's attention for well over a minute.
Despite these figures, just 12% of mobile ads on smartphones contain video and slightly more (30%) on tablets.
More key findings from the research include:-
- Mobile rich media ads generate tap-through rates of over 1%;
- Expand rate for mobile rich media ads is over 1%;
- Expandable banner ads are by far the most common, accounting for 64% of the total on smartphones and 60% on tablets.
The research was carried out because "performance of an ad will vary depending on factors like the quality of the creative, characteristics of the placement and-for mobile, in particular-the device on which it's run, it's still helpful to approach mobile with a baseline understanding of what can be achieved", according to Medialets' blog.
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...