News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Look Ahead: More consumers doing taxes online
Tax prep businesses, here's a tip for next April 15: 11% more US consumers did their taxes online in 2012 than in 2011. That trend is likely to continue, making the online space - and online tax-focused content - a potential windfall for tax prep businesses.
"The sustained growth in the volume of tax units filed online in early 2012 shows that Americans continue to become more comfortable with filing taxes online and appear to be especially reliant on market leaders in the online tax prep category to meet their tax needs," said Brian Jurutka, comScore Senior Vice President. "The top three DIY online tax prep providers dominated the category with a combined 92 percent of all online filings, offering a strong indication that customers value trusted brands for such important financial undertakings."
According to data from comScore Intuit is the leader for filing taxes online, with a 60% share of the DIY tax prep space. Intuit, TaxACT and H&R Block account for more than 90% of taxes filed online.
How can tax prep/filing services compete? comScore notes each of the top three filing services (DIY) captured more than 25% of display ad impressions, indicating that tax prep ads are important.
"Online advertising is becoming a more important part of the marketing mix for the tax prep category, and we once again saw the top 3 providers dominate the landscape with more than 90 percent market share," said Jurutka.
In addition to advertising the kind of keyword-based content may be helpful in bringing consumers online. Once online, if the content is useful, there is a strong chance the user will remain online or remember that site when it comes time to file.
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
- Global PC sales fall for sixth consecutive quarter
- Releases evaluate content, make file sharing simpler
- Responsys: Mobile pushing conversions
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...