News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
London Olympics boosts traffic to money-saving website by 130%
The Olympics is generating increased interest from budget-conscious foreigners looking to save money when they visit the UK for the games.
With a little over a month to go before the Olympic Games Opening Ceremony on 27 July, 2012, people planning to visit the UK have already begun researching money-saving deals. The sporting spectacle is expected to attract nearly half a million overseas visitors.
VoucherCodesPro.co.uk has reported increased overseas traffic since the beginning of June. The number of people visiting the site has increased 130% over the last month.
"The increase in overseas visitors looking for vouchers and deals that coincide with the start of the Olympics has been staggering and with restaurant vouchers topping the most searched for lists it is clear that people are coming over to party; and that the economy is going to benefit in a big way!" said George Charles, marketing director of VoucherCodesPro.co.uk in a recent press release.
South Africa is the country from where most visits are originating, followed by Germany, the USA, Spain and Canada. Charles said he was surprised to see Spain feature in the top 5, given their current economic crisis. However, this could equally be the driver behind the increase in Spanish interest.
The sectors you would most expect to see for overseas visitors seeking to save money all featured in the top 5 most searched for deals.
1. Restaurant vouchers and offers
2. Hotel and accommodation offers
3. Train ticket offers
4. Flight offers
5. Attraction offers
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...