News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
London Olympics boosts traffic to money-saving website by 130%
The Olympics is generating increased interest from budget-conscious foreigners looking to save money when they visit the UK for the games.
With a little over a month to go before the Olympic Games Opening Ceremony on 27 July, 2012, people planning to visit the UK have already begun researching money-saving deals. The sporting spectacle is expected to attract nearly half a million overseas visitors.
VoucherCodesPro.co.uk has reported increased overseas traffic since the beginning of June. The number of people visiting the site has increased 130% over the last month.
"The increase in overseas visitors looking for vouchers and deals that coincide with the start of the Olympics has been staggering and with restaurant vouchers topping the most searched for lists it is clear that people are coming over to party; and that the economy is going to benefit in a big way!" said George Charles, marketing director of VoucherCodesPro.co.uk in a recent press release.
South Africa is the country from where most visits are originating, followed by Germany, the USA, Spain and Canada. Charles said he was surprised to see Spain feature in the top 5, given their current economic crisis. However, this could equally be the driver behind the increase in Spanish interest.
The sectors you would most expect to see for overseas visitors seeking to save money all featured in the top 5 most searched for deals.
1. Restaurant vouchers and offers
2. Hotel and accommodation offers
3. Train ticket offers
4. Flight offers
5. Attraction offers
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...