News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Internet ad revenues hit new high
The Internet continues to attract advertisers and, according to the Interactive Advertising Bureau's latest data, first quarter Internet ad revenue has reached a record high.
The highest ever first quarter ad revenue has been reported by the IAB. Totaling $8.4 billion it represents a 15% rise from the first quarter of 2011.
The overall record remains at $9 billion, achieved during the fourth quarter of 2011.
A chart released by the IAB reveals that, a decade ago, total first quarter ad revenues were under $2 billion.
"More online consumers than ever are taking to the Internet to inform and navigate their daily lives--by desktop, tablet or smartphone," said Randall Rothenberg, President and CEO, IAB. "Marketers and agencies are clearly - and wisely - investing dollars to reach digitally connected consumers."
However, the 15% YoY rise represents a slowdown in growth from the 23% rise experience between Q1 2010 and Q1 2011, potentially due to economic concerns.
- Yahoo introduces one-stop business listing dashboard for SMBs
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Amazon facilitates social gifting on Facebook
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...