News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
In-store signage fails to encourage email, SMS engagement
Few of America's fastest growing retailers use in-store signage to promote email or text message engagement, found a new study by interactive marketing provider ExactTarget.
When ExactTarget investigated how America's top retailers are engaging with consumers in-store, the results were somewhat disappointing, particularly when it comes to email.
In-store signage serves many purposes. It directs consumers to where they want to go, provides information on promotions and deals and reinforces branding. Today it also serves another purpose - to engage smartphone-carrying consumers.
However, few of the top retailers are optimizing the opportunity to connect with consumers via in-store signage.
While 18% used in-store signage to promote their website, just 8% used it to promote their social media presence on the likes of Facebook and Twitter. Even less, 2%, used in-store signage to promote email or text message engagement.
"The missed opportunities with in-store signage are staggering. Google's recent report, The Mobile Movement: Understanding Smart Phone Users, found that over 70% of shoppers use their cell phone in-store while shopping," says ExactTarget in the report "Retail Touchpoints Exposed". "Yet in our review, only 2% of the Hot 100 retailers sought in-store engagement through SMS, and only 5% promoted a proprietary mobile application."
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...