News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
In-store signage fails to encourage email, SMS engagement
Few of America's fastest growing retailers use in-store signage to promote email or text message engagement, found a new study by interactive marketing provider ExactTarget.
When ExactTarget investigated how America's top retailers are engaging with consumers in-store, the results were somewhat disappointing, particularly when it comes to email.
In-store signage serves many purposes. It directs consumers to where they want to go, provides information on promotions and deals and reinforces branding. Today it also serves another purpose - to engage smartphone-carrying consumers.
However, few of the top retailers are optimizing the opportunity to connect with consumers via in-store signage.
While 18% used in-store signage to promote their website, just 8% used it to promote their social media presence on the likes of Facebook and Twitter. Even less, 2%, used in-store signage to promote email or text message engagement.
"The missed opportunities with in-store signage are staggering. Google's recent report, The Mobile Movement: Understanding Smart Phone Users, found that over 70% of shoppers use their cell phone in-store while shopping," says ExactTarget in the report "Retail Touchpoints Exposed". "Yet in our review, only 2% of the Hot 100 retailers sought in-store engagement through SMS, and only 5% promoted a proprietary mobile application."
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...