News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IMRG/Capgemini: Mobile transactions up, but so is bounce rate
The new IMRG/Capgemini Quarterly Benchmarking Index reveals an incredible rise in mobile transactions in the UK in the past two years, but that this has also been accompanied by a rise in website bounce rate.
The Index shows a 2,000% rise in mobile transactions in the UK over the course of the last two years. In Q1 2012, mobile accounted for 8.2% of overall online shopping transactions, up from 0.4% in the same quarter in 2010.
However, their data also showed that providing a mobile-optimized shopping experience is paramount. Increased choice and greater user expectations have pushed up bounce rates. More people than ever before are visiting a mobile website and leaving after viewing just one page. The bounce rate in Q1 2012 was 27%, up from 23% in Q1 2011.
According to Tina Spooner, Chief Information Officer at IMRG, for mobile shoppers first impressions count, as does the usability of a mobile website.
"These figures show that consumers are becoming ever more demanding when finding the online experience that suits them," said Spooner. "Retailers need to ensure that the site is as engaging as possible for their customer demographic, looking at usability, social elements and performance through key channels and browsers."
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...