News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IMRG/Capgemini: Mobile transactions up, but so is bounce rate
The new IMRG/Capgemini Quarterly Benchmarking Index reveals an incredible rise in mobile transactions in the UK in the past two years, but that this has also been accompanied by a rise in website bounce rate.
The Index shows a 2,000% rise in mobile transactions in the UK over the course of the last two years. In Q1 2012, mobile accounted for 8.2% of overall online shopping transactions, up from 0.4% in the same quarter in 2010.
However, their data also showed that providing a mobile-optimized shopping experience is paramount. Increased choice and greater user expectations have pushed up bounce rates. More people than ever before are visiting a mobile website and leaving after viewing just one page. The bounce rate in Q1 2012 was 27%, up from 23% in Q1 2011.
According to Tina Spooner, Chief Information Officer at IMRG, for mobile shoppers first impressions count, as does the usability of a mobile website.
"These figures show that consumers are becoming ever more demanding when finding the online experience that suits them," said Spooner. "Retailers need to ensure that the site is as engaging as possible for their customer demographic, looking at usability, social elements and performance through key channels and browsers."
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...