News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IgnitionOne reveals growth of mobile search spending
Spending on mobile search has increased significantly in Q2 2012, as have impressions and clicks, according to a new report from digital marketing solutions firm IgnitionOne.
Mobile search spend in the U.S. increased 333% in the second quarter of 2012 compared to the same period last year, according to IgnitionOne. It now accounts for 14% of total search advertising budgets, up from 12% in Q1 2012.
Tablets make up 60% of that spend with smartphones accounting for the remaining 40%.
"The huge and continued growth in mobile search spending continues to impress and points to the movement of consumers and advertisers to these devices," said Roger Barnette, President of IgnitionOne.
Recently released data by Performics shows that their clients committed more paid search budget to mobile in May (18.4%) than in the previous month.
"Mobile paid search continued to gain on desktop search for our aggregate group of clients in May," writes Ryan Hornacek, Analyst at Performics, on the company blog.
"Mobile impression and click share reached new highs, while smartphone and tablet CPCs remained below desktop."
IgnitionOne also announced that mobile search impressions and clicks were also up year-on-year, rising 130% and 325% respectively.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...