News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IgnitionOne reveals growth of mobile search spending
Spending on mobile search has increased significantly in Q2 2012, as have impressions and clicks, according to a new report from digital marketing solutions firm IgnitionOne.
Mobile search spend in the U.S. increased 333% in the second quarter of 2012 compared to the same period last year, according to IgnitionOne. It now accounts for 14% of total search advertising budgets, up from 12% in Q1 2012.
Tablets make up 60% of that spend with smartphones accounting for the remaining 40%.
"The huge and continued growth in mobile search spending continues to impress and points to the movement of consumers and advertisers to these devices," said Roger Barnette, President of IgnitionOne.
Recently released data by Performics shows that their clients committed more paid search budget to mobile in May (18.4%) than in the previous month.
"Mobile paid search continued to gain on desktop search for our aggregate group of clients in May," writes Ryan Hornacek, Analyst at Performics, on the company blog.
"Mobile impression and click share reached new highs, while smartphone and tablet CPCs remained below desktop."
IgnitionOne also announced that mobile search impressions and clicks were also up year-on-year, rising 130% and 325% respectively.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...