News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
IAB initiative encourages business to 'Tap into Mobile'
Unless you've been living under a rock, you'll know that mobile is emerging as a powerful business tool. The Interactive Advertising Bureau (IAB) certainly recognizes the need for mobile and has launched a program to help businesses create a more mobile-friendly presence.
The IAB wants more businesses to provide mobile-friendly experiences. Incredibly, less than half (45%) of Fortune 500 businesses currently have a mobile-optimized website.
"The fact that almost half of the Fortune 500 don't have mobile-focused sites, points to a critical disconnect - and considering these are major corporations, we can only imagine how many smaller businesses are in dire need of a mobile upgrade," said Anna Bager, Vice President and General Manager, Mobile Marketing Center of Excellence, IAB.
To this end, the IAB has launched a program, "Tap into Mobile", to provide businesses with the tools and resources needed to make their websites more mobile-friendly.
The website allows businesses to analyze how mobile users view their websites and a series of questions forces users to stop and think about mobile design elements. "Tap into Mobile" also offers guidelines, case studies and best practices along with a directory of mobile developers and agencies.
"'Tap into Mobile' is a timely initiative aimed at helping companies achieve the level of sophistication necessary for improving their online brand reputation and customer loyalty in the age of mobile," said Bager.
Earlier this year, GetMo, a Google-led campaign to help British businesses go mobile, was launched in the UK. On the GetMo website, businesses can see how their websites look on a mobile device using the GetMoMeter tool and get personalized recommendations for creating a more mobile-friendly experience. The site also has information on current mobile trends and mobile website best practices.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...