News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
How people are engaging in hot mobile space
A new forecast from eMarketer predicts mobile tablet users (US) could double in 2012 to reach almost 70 million. That would make nearly one-third of online US consumers mobile-via-tablet. More than 50 million are expected to use Apple's iPad by year'd end, but Apple's market share is expected to begin declining, by as much as 68% in 2015 as competitor products reach the market.
But the growth of mobile has many mobile brands looking for ways to engage. One new offering, from Webtrends and Ensighten, may simplify brands' move into the mobile space by allowing for real-time changes to in-app tags for both iOS and Android devices. Changing tags on the fly solves the problem of consumers finding a product or brand because of bad tags.
Why is this important? Because of the growing number of consumers in the mobile space, engaging with content.
Millennial Media's latest SMART Report finds the sports category to be one of the hottest verticals in mobile. The Sports vertical grew by nearly 300% while four other verticals all showed over 100% growth (Year over Year). Brands are moving into mobile to sustain presence, they report, and to do that brands are giving consumers more control. More than 40% of campaigns on the Millennial network allowed for app downloads as an actionable item while 21% utilized mobile social media.
Meanwhile Velti has released May numbers, which indicate Apple's iPod Touch is pushing a lot of mobile ad impressions. The iPod touch, finds Velti, grabs more ad impressions than all Android devices and is even getting more impressions than it's big brother, the iPad. Other interesting findings include:
• Mobile transactions have increased 9% over the past 3 months
• Most mobile purchases come from in-game activities, donations or physical goods purchases
• In May Apple's iOS captures 59% of ad impression volume
• Wi-Fi connected mobiles are responsible for 75% of mobile ad impressions
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More money to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...