News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Hipcricket, Screenvision put movie-goers in the interactive seat
A new offering from Hipcricket and Screenvision could increase the engagement level of movie patrons. Rather than sitting and passively watching those pre-film advertisements, the tool allows viewers to interact with branded advertisements and information.
Pre-movie commercials aren't new to movie-goers or theatre operators. Getting the attention of those viewers, however, has long been a struggle for the brands advertising on screens before movie showings. A new offering from Screenvision and Hipcricket may change that, by making the ads interactive.
Called The Limelight, the pre-show tool uses Hipcricket's Ad Life platform to give viewers a way to interact via mobile device while in-theatre. Viewers can use SMS options to play games and can earn redeemable points for free tickets at future showings or to get free snacks.
"What better way for brands to interact with increasingly tech-savvy audiences than while they anticipate watching the latest summer blockbuster movies with their mobile phones right in their hands. Rather than serving static ads, we are providing a richer, more engaging experience for movie-goers during the pre-show period," said Lee Heffernan, SVP, Marketing, at Screenvision. "By partnering with Hipcricket, the passive movie-going experience has become fully interactive."
Screenvision is releasing The Limelight at more than 14,000 screens across the US.
According to data from the Cinema Advertising Council ad recall rates are about four times higher for viewers in theatres than those watching at home via television. Still, adding more interaction could boost that or even increase other metrics - like brand favorability, purchase intent or loyalty factors.
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...