News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Flurry empowers app marketers to measure effectiveness of traffic acquisition campaigns
This year more than $1 billion will be spent by mobile app marketers on traffic acquisition, estimates mobile app measurement and ad platform Flurry. Many of them won't be able to adequately measure the effectiveness of those campaigns, a problem Flurry intends to solve with the launch of its analytics service.
Mobile app marketing is maturing, moving past a purely numbers game. Flurry has launched a new product that enables app marketers to focus on quality rather than quantity.
Called Flurry Ad Analytics, the new product leverages the company's existing Flurry Analytics, which is used by about 70,000 companies across more than 190,000 apps. It will give mobile app marketers greater insight into the quality of acquired traffic and how users behave after download.
Ad Analytics automatically tracks app clicks and installations and attributes those actions to the correct campaigns and traffic sources. Marketers can specify how acquired traffic quality is defined, such as by demographics or usage.
The service, which is available to all existing Flurry Analytics users, allows traffic to be tracked from campaigns against multiple networks including Apple iAd, Google Admob, Millenial Media, InMobi, Jumptap and Flurry AppCircle. In fact, according to Flurry's Ad Analytics FAQs, the service works for any traffic source that supports 3rd-party URLs.
- PPA: Digital magazines boost demand for print editions
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...