News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Flurry empowers app marketers to measure effectiveness of traffic acquisition campaigns
This year more than $1 billion will be spent by mobile app marketers on traffic acquisition, estimates mobile app measurement and ad platform Flurry. Many of them won't be able to adequately measure the effectiveness of those campaigns, a problem Flurry intends to solve with the launch of its analytics service.
Mobile app marketing is maturing, moving past a purely numbers game. Flurry has launched a new product that enables app marketers to focus on quality rather than quantity.
Called Flurry Ad Analytics, the new product leverages the company's existing Flurry Analytics, which is used by about 70,000 companies across more than 190,000 apps. It will give mobile app marketers greater insight into the quality of acquired traffic and how users behave after download.
Ad Analytics automatically tracks app clicks and installations and attributes those actions to the correct campaigns and traffic sources. Marketers can specify how acquired traffic quality is defined, such as by demographics or usage.
The service, which is available to all existing Flurry Analytics users, allows traffic to be tracked from campaigns against multiple networks including Apple iAd, Google Admob, Millenial Media, InMobi, Jumptap and Flurry AppCircle. In fact, according to Flurry's Ad Analytics FAQs, the service works for any traffic source that supports 3rd-party URLs.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...