News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook announces Likes for mobile apps
Over the last few months, Facebook has been upping its mobile game. This week the social network further expanded its reach with the mobilization of the Open Graph "Like" action.
On Wednesday, Facebook announced a new built-in "Like" feature for its Open Graph integrated partners. This allows developers with third-party apps to share "Likes" from apps on mobile devices to the Facebook website. These appear as notifications on the newsfeed.
"While the Like button is a great way to let friends share content from the web back to Facebook, the like action enables you to build your own like buttons for your mobile or web app and drive distribution across Facebook," writes Andrew Rothbart, a Facebook engineer, in a recent blog post.
Furthermore, developers can develop their own version of the "Like" button or, as Facebook refers to it in their blog post, a "Like" action. Instead of the "Like" thumbs-up icon, developers can choose to use their own buttons - such as the heart in Foursquare's app - to maintain consistency of branding.
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...