News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Facebook announces Likes for mobile apps
Over the last few months, Facebook has been upping its mobile game. This week the social network further expanded its reach with the mobilization of the Open Graph "Like" action.
On Wednesday, Facebook announced a new built-in "Like" feature for its Open Graph integrated partners. This allows developers with third-party apps to share "Likes" from apps on mobile devices to the Facebook website. These appear as notifications on the newsfeed.
"While the Like button is a great way to let friends share content from the web back to Facebook, the like action enables you to build your own like buttons for your mobile or web app and drive distribution across Facebook," writes Andrew Rothbart, a Facebook engineer, in a recent blog post.
Furthermore, developers can develop their own version of the "Like" button or, as Facebook refers to it in their blog post, a "Like" action. Instead of the "Like" thumbs-up icon, developers can choose to use their own buttons - such as the heart in Foursquare's app - to maintain consistency of branding.
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
- RocketLawyer: SMBs looking forward to 2014
- Survey: Marketers facing disconnect with content creation
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...