News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ebooks now outsell hardbacks
For the first time ever, ebook revenues have exceeded hardcovers, according to new figures released by the Association of American Publishers.
The AAP's figures reveal that, electronic books accounted for $282.3 million in sales in the first quarter of 2012, up 28.1% on last year.
It's the first time that ebook sales have accounted for more revenue than hardcover books, sales of which accounted for $229.6 million in the first quarter of this year, up 2.7% from last year.
The only category in which hardcover books experienced growth was in young adult and children's material. Revenues in this category rose to $187.7 million whereas ebooks reached $64.3, albeit a healthy year-on-year hike from just $3.9 million. As e-reading devices fall in price, and more children have access to e-book readers, this category is set to skyrocket.
Paperbacks continue to lead with $299.8 million in revenue, although there has been a decrease on last year when the format generated $335 million in revenue.
- PayPal wants users to eat their (pass)words
- 'Visually wired' disposition behind massive rise in infographic use
- Half of British consumers believe drone deliveries will never happen
- Social Roundup: How brands are engaging in social
- Targeted ads give Internet users the creeps
- Online shoppers overwhelmed by choice
- Smartwatches: time for a new ad format
- Translation challenges stymying online communication
Featured White Papers
- Tasty Tips From Marketing's Master Chefs
The art and science of effective marketing and demand generation is like a great recipe- Marketing master chefs turn traditional...
- Analyzing the Value of Responsive Design Can Be Messy
Responsive web design is an integral part of customer engagement in our multi-device world. But the additional costs and resources...
- Mobile Email Guide: Design strategies to help you capture mobile clicks
On average, about 40 percent of e-mail opens come from mobile devices and tablets. Mobile subscribers are less engaged because...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM
Organizations are frequently turning to SaaS solutions for their CRM needs. But there are risks when deploying any solution at...
- 2015 Social Marketing Planning Guide
2015 is going to be a great year for social marketers, but to make the most of it you'll need...