News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ebooks now outsell hardbacks
For the first time ever, ebook revenues have exceeded hardcovers, according to new figures released by the Association of American Publishers.
The AAP's figures reveal that, electronic books accounted for $282.3 million in sales in the first quarter of 2012, up 28.1% on last year.
It's the first time that ebook sales have accounted for more revenue than hardcover books, sales of which accounted for $229.6 million in the first quarter of this year, up 2.7% from last year.
The only category in which hardcover books experienced growth was in young adult and children's material. Revenues in this category rose to $187.7 million whereas ebooks reached $64.3, albeit a healthy year-on-year hike from just $3.9 million. As e-reading devices fall in price, and more children have access to e-book readers, this category is set to skyrocket.
Paperbacks continue to lead with $299.8 million in revenue, although there has been a decrease on last year when the format generated $335 million in revenue.
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
- Shoppers don't care for social integration of mobile apps
- 44% of Twitter's 982 million accounts never used
- Report: Travel sites missing the data mark
- Brands: How mobile wallets can improve loyalty programs
- Survey: SMB's need more tax education
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...