News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Ebooks now outsell hardbacks
For the first time ever, ebook revenues have exceeded hardcovers, according to new figures released by the Association of American Publishers.
The AAP's figures reveal that, electronic books accounted for $282.3 million in sales in the first quarter of 2012, up 28.1% on last year.
It's the first time that ebook sales have accounted for more revenue than hardcover books, sales of which accounted for $229.6 million in the first quarter of this year, up 2.7% from last year.
The only category in which hardcover books experienced growth was in young adult and children's material. Revenues in this category rose to $187.7 million whereas ebooks reached $64.3, albeit a healthy year-on-year hike from just $3.9 million. As e-reading devices fall in price, and more children have access to e-book readers, this category is set to skyrocket.
Paperbacks continue to lead with $299.8 million in revenue, although there has been a decrease on last year when the format generated $335 million in revenue.
- Study: Retailers aren't ready for next-gen tech
- Expert Advice: Invest in Near Field Communications
- Top struggles for email marketers
- Campaigner suggests marketers reset campaigns not just clocks
- Brands: How to use in-memory tech to increase personalization
- Study finds mobile payments high on consumers' minds
- Does Facebook really pose a threat to YouTube?
- In a digital age Out of Home advertising memorable and complementary
Featured White Papers
- CRM and Marketing Automation Integration for the Ultimate ROI
The number of companies using marketing automation will increase by 50% by 2015, according to research from Sirius Decisions. But...
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...