News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Discounts, coupons attract Father's Day online shoppers this year
Over half of those looking for Father's Day gifts will head online, according to PriceGrabber's latest shopping survey.
Online retailers need to ensure they're prepared for the Father's Day online shopping event. This year, over half (56%) are heading online to purchase their father a gift.
Shoppers plan to spend as much as they did on their mothers, under $100.
What will attract them to a particular brand or store? Ways to save money. Free shipping will attract 59%, discounts would sway 48% and coupons 36%.
Surprisingly, just 2% of respondents plan to purchase gifts from an online store via a mobile device.
However or wherever consumers choose to shop, their shopping will be starting around now. A third of shoppers said they will begin their hunt for Father's Day gifts two weeks before the big day, 28% would wait until the last week and 12% will be waiting until the last minute.
"Consumers are still budget conscience and will look for deals when Father's Day shopping this year," said Graham Jones, general manager of PriceGrabber, in a recent press release. "Even though most shoppers plan to spend under $100 on their Dad this year based on our survey data, it's not surprising to see that retailer tactics such as free shipping, price cuts, sales and coupons will help sweeten the deal when enticing consumers to buy gifts for Dad this holiday."
- Tapjoy: Ad engagements preferred by mobiles
- European silver surfers' media consumption moving online
- Social sharing call-to-action in digital ads drives consumer interaction
- Google Play in-app sales rise 700% YoY
- comScore: Desktop spending up 13% YoY
- Report: More ad dollars to focus on branded content
- Ads on YouTube grow but TV ads considered more effective
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
Featured White Papers
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...