News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands' biggest problems? Lack of unified vision, finds study
According to IBM's State of Marketing 2012 study brands admit there is a gap between the integration of the marketing and IT departments, perhaps most troublesome is that there isn't a unified vision for the brand - and its undertakings - between these departments. The report found nearly half of respondents believe improvements in those areas would be benficial.
• 60% of respondents indicate there is a lack of IT alignment and integration
• 71% say integration through owned, earned and paid channels 'is important'
• Less than one-third (20%) are actually integrating these channels effectively
• 41% believe they need to stay abreast of social media and mobile adoptions
• 51% are not using social media data to 'make informed decisions' about marketing options
"This research indicates that as new channels continue to mature and consumer habits evolve, marketing and IT have no alternative but to emerge from their traditional silos and form a strong partnership that puts the business in a position to succeed," said Yuchun Lee, Vice President, IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Group. "CMOs and CIOs, an 'odd couple' in some respects, will be the catalysts in forging this union and enabling the types of personalized multichannel brand relationships that today's customers demand."
Over the next year many brands may make large strides in social and mobile, which may help - assuming strides are also made in communication between departments like marketing and IT. According to the report 34% believe they'll be offering mobile ads, 45% report they're already in the mobile space via mobile site and 45% via mobile apps.
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
- Elance: Remote hiring sees 60% jump
- Engajer integrates to LinkedIn
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...