News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Brands' biggest problems? Lack of unified vision, finds study
According to IBM's State of Marketing 2012 study brands admit there is a gap between the integration of the marketing and IT departments, perhaps most troublesome is that there isn't a unified vision for the brand - and its undertakings - between these departments. The report found nearly half of respondents believe improvements in those areas would be benficial.
• 60% of respondents indicate there is a lack of IT alignment and integration
• 71% say integration through owned, earned and paid channels 'is important'
• Less than one-third (20%) are actually integrating these channels effectively
• 41% believe they need to stay abreast of social media and mobile adoptions
• 51% are not using social media data to 'make informed decisions' about marketing options
"This research indicates that as new channels continue to mature and consumer habits evolve, marketing and IT have no alternative but to emerge from their traditional silos and form a strong partnership that puts the business in a position to succeed," said Yuchun Lee, Vice President, IBM Enterprise Marketing Management Group. "CMOs and CIOs, an 'odd couple' in some respects, will be the catalysts in forging this union and enabling the types of personalized multichannel brand relationships that today's customers demand."
Over the next year many brands may make large strides in social and mobile, which may help - assuming strides are also made in communication between departments like marketing and IT. According to the report 34% believe they'll be offering mobile ads, 45% report they're already in the mobile space via mobile site and 45% via mobile apps.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...