News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
10m shoppers have signed on for mobile alerts
More consumers are looking for store information, deals and even locations from mobile devices while shopping brick and mortar stores. One hub they're leaning on - Placecast's ShopAlerts, which has pushed past the 10 million member mark.
ShopAlerts is an opt-in mobile offering, 'fencing' certain areas so that when a shopper enters that area alerts are sent to them from specific stores. A Starbucks, for example, could fence a two block area surrounding their store so that when shoppers arrive they've sent a coupon for a drink or invited to try a new product.
Now a new offering for ShopAlerts - the ability to pay for products from the mobile device.
"Mobile marketing is increasingly converging with mobile payments," said Alistair Goodman, Placecast CEO. "Will [Peppo, new Chief Financial Officer for Placecast] brings deep expertise in working with payments companies - he is an incredibly valuable addition to our team as we accelerate our efforts in mobile monetization."
"I am extremely excited to join Placecast and help the team execute against a hyper growth market opportunity," said Peppo. "Mobile commerce is happening now, and payments and marketing are converging to create a seamless experience for consumers and measurable experience for marketers."
The solution should be available later this summer.
Placecast's ShopAlerts have been available in the US and European markets for a couple of years now; the company is also expanding their offices into Europe. Brands like Subway, SC Johnson and Chico's White House Black Market use ShopAlerts for their various locations. In Europe, Placecast partners with Telefonica's O2 to provide opt-in alerts for consumers.
- Nearly half of consumers believe mobile marketing messages are irrelevant, useless
- Bazaarvoice points the way to authentic reviews
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...