News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
10m shoppers have signed on for mobile alerts
More consumers are looking for store information, deals and even locations from mobile devices while shopping brick and mortar stores. One hub they're leaning on - Placecast's ShopAlerts, which has pushed past the 10 million member mark.
ShopAlerts is an opt-in mobile offering, 'fencing' certain areas so that when a shopper enters that area alerts are sent to them from specific stores. A Starbucks, for example, could fence a two block area surrounding their store so that when shoppers arrive they've sent a coupon for a drink or invited to try a new product.
Now a new offering for ShopAlerts - the ability to pay for products from the mobile device.
"Mobile marketing is increasingly converging with mobile payments," said Alistair Goodman, Placecast CEO. "Will [Peppo, new Chief Financial Officer for Placecast] brings deep expertise in working with payments companies - he is an incredibly valuable addition to our team as we accelerate our efforts in mobile monetization."
"I am extremely excited to join Placecast and help the team execute against a hyper growth market opportunity," said Peppo. "Mobile commerce is happening now, and payments and marketing are converging to create a seamless experience for consumers and measurable experience for marketers."
The solution should be available later this summer.
Placecast's ShopAlerts have been available in the US and European markets for a couple of years now; the company is also expanding their offices into Europe. Brands like Subway, SC Johnson and Chico's White House Black Market use ShopAlerts for their various locations. In Europe, Placecast partners with Telefonica's O2 to provide opt-in alerts for consumers.
- Yahoo introduces one-stop business listing dashboard for SMBs
- Nielsen reveals habits of second-screeners
- Why your coupons need mobile
- Jivox, vSplash push interactivity with platforms
- Amazon facilitates social gifting on Facebook
- Younger B2B buyers' online purchase behavior ignored by suppliers
- Portrait of an affluent consumer
- U.S.: 41 billion online videos watched in May
Featured White Papers
- Transforming Brands into Media Outlets
Storytelling has been around forever, but businesses today need to capitalize on a variety of new tools to tell their...
- 8 Key Plays For Sales Success
Pull ahead of your competition by learning best practices for incorporating these new technologies into your daily sales & marketing...
- How to Drive More Traffic Without Increasing Budget
Counterfeiters are adept at mimicking top brands' digital marketing strategies by building pay per click (PPC) campaigns that exploit both...
- Explain What You Do: How a simple explainer video increased online conversion by 20%
In this case study we examine the explainer video for Inbenta, a natural language processing service operating in a highly...
- 7 Reasons To Consider Responsive Design For Your Companys Next Generation Website
In this white paper, learn the 7 reasons to consider responsive design for your company's next generation website. With the...
- Forrester Report: Digital Customer Experience Trends to Watch 2013
Digital touchpoints support an increasingly large percentage of the overall customer experience. 2012 saw the emergence of several important digital...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...