News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Zynga sneaks brands into Draw Something game
Users of the Pictionary-style mobile game may soon be drawing their own advertisements, as Zynga inserts brands into the list of words to draw.
In fewer than five months Draw Something attracted 50 million downloads. Unfortunately for Zynga, who paid $200 million for the makers OMGPOP, the hottest mobile game in the world peaked at the time of their purchase and, since then, has been losing daily active users at a rate of knots.
To pull their investment back from the brink, Zynga are introducing a nifty way of inserting advertising into Draw Something. Instead of banner ads a more subtle way to advertise has been devised - brand names will be among the words offered to users to draw.
As others have already noted, brands such as KFC and Nike are already featured in the game. In fact, Zynga already knows that Draw Something users are happy to draw brands thanks to this little experiment.
"People loved to draw the Colonel and bags of Doritos," said Zynga's VP-mobile and general manager for its New York office.
One of the first to get involved is the National Hockey League. They are buying words associated with the game, such as "Zamboni" and "slap shot", according to Ad Age. As an added extra the NHL are posting some of the drawings on their Pinterest page #DrawNHL.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...