News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Zynga sneaks brands into Draw Something game
Users of the Pictionary-style mobile game may soon be drawing their own advertisements, as Zynga inserts brands into the list of words to draw.
In fewer than five months Draw Something attracted 50 million downloads. Unfortunately for Zynga, who paid $200 million for the makers OMGPOP, the hottest mobile game in the world peaked at the time of their purchase and, since then, has been losing daily active users at a rate of knots.
To pull their investment back from the brink, Zynga are introducing a nifty way of inserting advertising into Draw Something. Instead of banner ads a more subtle way to advertise has been devised - brand names will be among the words offered to users to draw.
As others have already noted, brands such as KFC and Nike are already featured in the game. In fact, Zynga already knows that Draw Something users are happy to draw brands thanks to this little experiment.
"People loved to draw the Colonel and bags of Doritos," said Zynga's VP-mobile and general manager for its New York office.
One of the first to get involved is the National Hockey League. They are buying words associated with the game, such as "Zamboni" and "slap shot", according to Ad Age. As an added extra the NHL are posting some of the drawings on their Pinterest page #DrawNHL.
- Top 3 social trends to watch in 2015
- Why clicks will regain importance in 2015
- Security concerns cause 23% of consumers to shop less online
- Mobile and online key resource for last-minute Christmas shoppers
- Third of consumers never pay full price online
- Online cash register bells will continue ringing on Christmas Day and Boxing Day
- Experts: App usage will change in 2015
- How data will influence 2015
Featured White Papers
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales
CRM has long been seen as a must-have sales tool. However, much of the value of traditional CRM accrues to...
- 7 Myths About Online Reviews
When it comes to building and maintaining trust in your brand, online reviews are an extremely valuable addition to your...
- Targeting (That's on target)
"Hopeful messaging is wasted messaging. Clear targeting means more than just Who. It also demands a knowledge of How, When,...
- Leveraging Facebook to Improve ROI on Brand Sites
Rather than deserting your brand site for a Facebook Fan Page, the best digital marketing strategies incorporate a Facebook presence...