News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Zynga sneaks brands into Draw Something game
Users of the Pictionary-style mobile game may soon be drawing their own advertisements, as Zynga inserts brands into the list of words to draw.
In fewer than five months Draw Something attracted 50 million downloads. Unfortunately for Zynga, who paid $200 million for the makers OMGPOP, the hottest mobile game in the world peaked at the time of their purchase and, since then, has been losing daily active users at a rate of knots.
To pull their investment back from the brink, Zynga are introducing a nifty way of inserting advertising into Draw Something. Instead of banner ads a more subtle way to advertise has been devised - brand names will be among the words offered to users to draw.
As others have already noted, brands such as KFC and Nike are already featured in the game. In fact, Zynga already knows that Draw Something users are happy to draw brands thanks to this little experiment.
"People loved to draw the Colonel and bags of Doritos," said Zynga's VP-mobile and general manager for its New York office.
One of the first to get involved is the National Hockey League. They are buying words associated with the game, such as "Zamboni" and "slap shot", according to Ad Age. As an added extra the NHL are posting some of the drawings on their Pinterest page #DrawNHL.
- Survey: Students, parents say localization key to buying
- Corporate Visions release powers insights-based data
- Neurological study pits digital ads against physical ads
- Mobile-friendly hotels appeal to 9 out of 10 U.S. travelers
- Study: Millennials cautious with spending
- Study: Millennials willing to pay for rewards
- Facebook opens first office in Africa
- Mobile a key ingredient in a Millennial's kitchen
Featured White Papers
- The Big Impact of Big Data on Affiliate Marketing
If you are relying on affiliate networks you have no access to vital data to manage affiliate processes such as...
- 8th Annual Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report
Download the Online Retail Holiday Readiness Report for 2015 to find out about the latest trends, industry benchmarks and best...