News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Why gaming keeps growing in the US
It is no secret that more American are spending more time playing games. But did you ever wonder why? MocoSpace did, and according to a new infographic from the company, gamers continue to game...to kill time.
The new Y U Play survey, conducted on the MocoSpace network, found that about one-third of gamers are playing because they're bored/need to kill time (32%). Another one-third are playing simply for the fun of it (34%). Other reasons gamers are playing:
• 10% like the competitive nature of games
• 9% are trying to meet new people
• 6% want to try something new
"This survey showed us that our gamers are really engaged with the titles we are offering," said MocoSpace co-founder and CEO Justin Siegel. "We are working on developing more games in-house as well as fostering relationships with third-party developers in order to churn out more funHTML5 games that can be played on any mobile device."
Here are some highlights from the report:
• 42% play games in classes because 'class is boring'
• 41% say they play games during classes because they have down time
• 15% say they're playing during classes because they're 'hooked'
• 2% say they're playing because other classmates are playing
Another interesting finding: gamers today aren't just looking to play with existing friends. Many turn to gaming to make new friends - in fact five times more gamers say they're trying to connect with new people than those connecting with existing friends.
Researchers polled more than 10,000 MocoSpace gamers in April to come to their results.
- Online preferred shopping environment of affluent consumers
- Top 3 tips to improve webrooming abilities
- BlueKai rolls out 3rd party data options
- Reports: Social, Cloud offering assist to small businesses
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...