News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Why gaming keeps growing in the US
It is no secret that more American are spending more time playing games. But did you ever wonder why? MocoSpace did, and according to a new infographic from the company, gamers continue to game...to kill time.
The new Y U Play survey, conducted on the MocoSpace network, found that about one-third of gamers are playing because they're bored/need to kill time (32%). Another one-third are playing simply for the fun of it (34%). Other reasons gamers are playing:
• 10% like the competitive nature of games
• 9% are trying to meet new people
• 6% want to try something new
"This survey showed us that our gamers are really engaged with the titles we are offering," said MocoSpace co-founder and CEO Justin Siegel. "We are working on developing more games in-house as well as fostering relationships with third-party developers in order to churn out more funHTML5 games that can be played on any mobile device."
Here are some highlights from the report:
• 42% play games in classes because 'class is boring'
• 41% say they play games during classes because they have down time
• 15% say they're playing during classes because they're 'hooked'
• 2% say they're playing because other classmates are playing
Another interesting finding: gamers today aren't just looking to play with existing friends. Many turn to gaming to make new friends - in fact five times more gamers say they're trying to connect with new people than those connecting with existing friends.
Researchers polled more than 10,000 MocoSpace gamers in April to come to their results.
- Top 3 design tips for mobile email
- Cyber Monday: Hottest ever revenue day
- Long? Short? Which headline length generates the most click-throughs?
- comScore: U.S. smartphone ownership reaches all-time high
- UK retail websites struggled to cope with Cyber Monday traffic peaks
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...