News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
What prompts loyalty from affluents?
The affluent market is one most retailers want to tap into. A new study from Motista, focused on data from Q1 2012, may shed light on this subject. Of particular interest is that many affluents surveyed reports they liked retailers who helped to 'perform at a higher level'.
Affluent shoppers, for this study, were defined as those with household income over $100,000. Although this represents less than 20% of the US base it represents about half of all retail spending. According to the study:
• 62% of connected affluents will pay higher prices for comparable products
• 29% of connected affluents have used loyalty program points for a purchase 'recently'
• 83% of affluents 'feel good' when they share retailer/product information with friends/acquaintances
'Connected affluents' are defined as those with an emotional connection to their favorite brands; these connections are prompting more purchases from affluent members. Comparatively only 5% of 'satisfied affluents' have use loyalty program points for purchases and less than 10% of satisfied affluents share deals or other retailer information with their social circles.
"Based on our analyses, it's emotional connection that is driving affluent shoppers - who constitute 50% of all purchasing - to shop their retailers. We're excited to be working with leading retailers that are using Motista's intelligence to create stronger brands, better marketing programs and more engaging shopper experiences," writes Scott Magids, Co-Founder, Motista.
As for the emotional connections, helping the community and living life 'the way I want to live' are two of the top drivers of affluents' purchases through the first quarter. 'My retailer helps me perform at a higher level' also ranked in the top three.
- Twitter ups ad relevancy with Tailored Audiences
- Research reveals poor uptake and awareness of NFC payments
- Facebook far and away most frequently used mobile app
- The best practices for mobile brands in 2014
- Forecast: Big data to push SMBs into 2014
- Report: TV ads pushing engagement, intent
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
Featured White Papers
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...