News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Digital marketers continue investment in social, search
The 2012 UK Search Engine Marketing survey, conducted by Econsultancy and Guava, has just been released. If you're wondering how and where digital marketing budgets are being invested in the UK, read on.
Over the last year many changes have taken place on the digital landscape that have had, according to Guava's sales director, Martin Dinham, "a profound effect on how digital campaigns are developed and executed".
These rapid changes have left companies with a knowledge gap. Within SEO alone, the number of companies reporting a lack of know-how as a barrier to SEO success has risen from 16% to 29% in one year.
To ascertain how and where digital marketers are investing their budgets, 300 UK in-house marketers and 300 agency staff were surveyed. The results, reported by Econsultancy, reveal that, despite a lack of resources, social media and SEO budgets continue to rise:
- 62% plan to increase social media spending over the next 12 months;
- 57% will increase spending on SEO;
- 49% will increase spending on paid search;
- 38% spend in excess of $150,000 on paid search advertising each year;
- 12% spend in excess of $150,000 in SEO each year;
- Just 4% spend in excess of $150,000 each year on social media marketing.
NetBooster has recently opened up an office in London, UK.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...