News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
UK: Digital marketers continue investment in social, search
The 2012 UK Search Engine Marketing survey, conducted by Econsultancy and Guava, has just been released. If you're wondering how and where digital marketing budgets are being invested in the UK, read on.
Over the last year many changes have taken place on the digital landscape that have had, according to Guava's sales director, Martin Dinham, "a profound effect on how digital campaigns are developed and executed".
These rapid changes have left companies with a knowledge gap. Within SEO alone, the number of companies reporting a lack of know-how as a barrier to SEO success has risen from 16% to 29% in one year.
To ascertain how and where digital marketers are investing their budgets, 300 UK in-house marketers and 300 agency staff were surveyed. The results, reported by Econsultancy, reveal that, despite a lack of resources, social media and SEO budgets continue to rise:
- 62% plan to increase social media spending over the next 12 months;
- 57% will increase spending on SEO;
- 49% will increase spending on paid search;
- 38% spend in excess of $150,000 on paid search advertising each year;
- 12% spend in excess of $150,000 in SEO each year;
- Just 4% spend in excess of $150,000 each year on social media marketing.
NetBooster has recently opened up an office in London, UK.
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
- Study: Mobiles don't want to be interrupted
- Olfactory device for mobile phones not to be sniffed at
- Report reveals impact of slow load times on brand perception
- Print catalogs continue to drive sales in Australia
- Study: Shoppers more focused on the end-game
- Adchemy release pulls keywords from branded content
Featured White Papers
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...