News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tablets pushing retail, gifts to grads moving up
Heading into the summer months retailers may get a boost from graduates and tablets. New date from the NRF and from Shop.org indicate that gifts to grads will go up again this year while more consumers are connecting to retailers through their tablets.
According to data from Shop.org nearly half of retailers say more traffic is coming to the online storefronts via tablets - in facttablet sales, they report, are pushing past traditional online sales. To engage that traffic retailers continue looking to search and email for the bulk of their visitors, but many are now testing mobile response rates, as well.
"Retailers must continue to look for unique ways to elevate their brand in such a competitive market. Tablets and mobile devices offer the perfect answer, with opportunities to create specialized apps, drive web sales and create an engaging and convenient shopping experience," said Shop.org Executive Director Vicki Cantrell. "Overall, we expect smartphone shopping adoption rates to stay low but fully believe tablet sales will continue to change how retailers garner the attention of new and current customers. With tablet usage marching towards true ubiquity, retailers will continue to plan ahead by examining their customers' behaviors and shopping patterns."
Meanwhile, gifts to graduations are getting larger. New data from the National Retail Federation predicts gifts to grads will push past $4 billion this year as 30% more people buy for the high-school and college grads in their lives. About one-third will give gift cards. Per graduation, shoppers are expected to spend nearly $50 per graduation; gifters are expected to buy for two graduations on average.
- Britain leads Europe's online shopping boom
- YouGov: Mobile commerce confidence grows among consumers
- Study finds the moments ads will most likely garner attention
- Report: SMB owners optimistic about 2014 holidays
- Brands: Why you need to connect social and cross-platform marketing objectives
- 35% of U.S. online shoppers won't browse or buy from Alibaba
- Top 3 tips to create a multi-channel strategy that works
- Top tips to improve ad performance
Featured White Papers
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...