News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tablets pushing retail, gifts to grads moving up
Heading into the summer months retailers may get a boost from graduates and tablets. New date from the NRF and from Shop.org indicate that gifts to grads will go up again this year while more consumers are connecting to retailers through their tablets.
According to data from Shop.org nearly half of retailers say more traffic is coming to the online storefronts via tablets - in facttablet sales, they report, are pushing past traditional online sales. To engage that traffic retailers continue looking to search and email for the bulk of their visitors, but many are now testing mobile response rates, as well.
"Retailers must continue to look for unique ways to elevate their brand in such a competitive market. Tablets and mobile devices offer the perfect answer, with opportunities to create specialized apps, drive web sales and create an engaging and convenient shopping experience," said Shop.org Executive Director Vicki Cantrell. "Overall, we expect smartphone shopping adoption rates to stay low but fully believe tablet sales will continue to change how retailers garner the attention of new and current customers. With tablet usage marching towards true ubiquity, retailers will continue to plan ahead by examining their customers' behaviors and shopping patterns."
Meanwhile, gifts to graduations are getting larger. New data from the National Retail Federation predicts gifts to grads will push past $4 billion this year as 30% more people buy for the high-school and college grads in their lives. About one-third will give gift cards. Per graduation, shoppers are expected to spend nearly $50 per graduation; gifters are expected to buy for two graduations on average.
- Top retailers failing to meet consumer expectations of personalized comms
- Android ad blocking browser released by Adblock Plus
- How triggered emails can reduce shopping cart abandons
- How to better protect consumers' mobile privacy
- Expert: What Google buy buttons could mean for ecommerce
- Report highlights the 'mobile moments' of commuters
- Consumers keen to use new payment technology but businesses slow to adopt
- Ad Roundup: Integrations and new releases to offer more insights
Featured White Papers
- Email A/B Split Testing Guide
You worked hard creating great products, at least as hard growing a viable business to support them- and perhaps even...
- Not Provided Insights & Intelligence - 2015 Edition
Keywords are fundamental to your integrated SEO and Content Marketing strategies. gShift's Not Provided Guide will help you connect...
- Learn how to fill your funnel with high-quality leads
In this comprehensive, 160 page guide, we cover topics ranging from content marketing and website SEO to telesales and content...