News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tablets pushing retail, gifts to grads moving up
Heading into the summer months retailers may get a boost from graduates and tablets. New date from the NRF and from Shop.org indicate that gifts to grads will go up again this year while more consumers are connecting to retailers through their tablets.
According to data from Shop.org nearly half of retailers say more traffic is coming to the online storefronts via tablets - in facttablet sales, they report, are pushing past traditional online sales. To engage that traffic retailers continue looking to search and email for the bulk of their visitors, but many are now testing mobile response rates, as well.
"Retailers must continue to look for unique ways to elevate their brand in such a competitive market. Tablets and mobile devices offer the perfect answer, with opportunities to create specialized apps, drive web sales and create an engaging and convenient shopping experience," said Shop.org Executive Director Vicki Cantrell. "Overall, we expect smartphone shopping adoption rates to stay low but fully believe tablet sales will continue to change how retailers garner the attention of new and current customers. With tablet usage marching towards true ubiquity, retailers will continue to plan ahead by examining their customers' behaviors and shopping patterns."
Meanwhile, gifts to graduations are getting larger. New data from the National Retail Federation predicts gifts to grads will push past $4 billion this year as 30% more people buy for the high-school and college grads in their lives. About one-third will give gift cards. Per graduation, shoppers are expected to spend nearly $50 per graduation; gifters are expected to buy for two graduations on average.
- High viewability goals damaging ad campaign performance
- Retail: In-app purchases increasing as a percentage of digital sales
- Two countries, two different spending trends for Valentine's Day
- Ad Roundup: Platforms to improve data, prevent fraud
- Survey: SMBs getting out the vote
- Research reveals number of mobile loyalty schemes to double by 2020
- Laptops more popular than mobile for travel research
- Super Bowl: 82% of searches driven by TV ads made on mobile
Featured White Papers
- The Ultimate Guide to Website Personalization
There is a wealth of methods to put your company's data to work; by far, personalization is one of the...