News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Tablets pushing retail, gifts to grads moving up
Heading into the summer months retailers may get a boost from graduates and tablets. New date from the NRF and from Shop.org indicate that gifts to grads will go up again this year while more consumers are connecting to retailers through their tablets.
According to data from Shop.org nearly half of retailers say more traffic is coming to the online storefronts via tablets - in facttablet sales, they report, are pushing past traditional online sales. To engage that traffic retailers continue looking to search and email for the bulk of their visitors, but many are now testing mobile response rates, as well.
"Retailers must continue to look for unique ways to elevate their brand in such a competitive market. Tablets and mobile devices offer the perfect answer, with opportunities to create specialized apps, drive web sales and create an engaging and convenient shopping experience," said Shop.org Executive Director Vicki Cantrell. "Overall, we expect smartphone shopping adoption rates to stay low but fully believe tablet sales will continue to change how retailers garner the attention of new and current customers. With tablet usage marching towards true ubiquity, retailers will continue to plan ahead by examining their customers' behaviors and shopping patterns."
Meanwhile, gifts to graduations are getting larger. New data from the National Retail Federation predicts gifts to grads will push past $4 billion this year as 30% more people buy for the high-school and college grads in their lives. About one-third will give gift cards. Per graduation, shoppers are expected to spend nearly $50 per graduation; gifters are expected to buy for two graduations on average.
- How predictive tech may simplify engagement
- Survey: Mobiles look to devices before, during, after shopping
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...