News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 70% of social media complaints ignored
Social media is increasingly becoming the go-to place for consumers to make complaints or seek out customer service, but A T Kearney's Annual Social Media Survey reveals that many companies are ignoring this fact.
Recent research in the UK found that 36% of consumers, 18 million people, are using social media to 'talk' to companies, up from 19% eight months ago. Two-thirds of consumers (68%) say it allows them to find their voice and 65% say it's a better way to interact with companies than a call centre.
However, A T Kearney's survey reveals that a whopping 70% of complaints are going un-answered. Why? Because social media isn't being integrated into customer service centers, despite the channel now accounting for 20% of complaints.
"The delay in the use of social media in the contact centre is understandable, but this must now be rectified if many companies are to protect their reputations and keep their competitive edge," says Jim Close, managing director of Datapoint.
"Social media tools are for two-way dialogue with customers as well as a (mostly) one-way marketing channel. They differ from more traditional media because often the interaction is globally-visible and there is potential for massive reputational impact. The organizations that learn this lesson the fastest - and use contact centre systems to do this effectively - will be the ones that win the customer retention race."
- Pinterest introduces new search tool to attract men to the network
- Study: Dirty Data a problem for marketers
- Top 3 things consumers really want from brands
- Surveys: Why social, mobile might rule the Super Bowl
- How new data collection techniques may impact your business
- Photographs among Brits' most treasured possessions
- Restaurant tech can leave servers more time to focus on dining experience
- NRF forecasts bigger spending this Valentine's Day
Featured White Papers
- 6 Blueprints for Social Network Success
The Big 6 social networks offer tremendous marketing opportunites--and each one is very different. That's why Spredfast has assembled our...
- CRM's Dirty Little Secret: How to Avoid CRM Sticker Shock
The way companies use and pay for customer relationship management software has changed significantly over the past decade. Moving from...