News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Survey: 70% of social media complaints ignored
Social media is increasingly becoming the go-to place for consumers to make complaints or seek out customer service, but A T Kearney's Annual Social Media Survey reveals that many companies are ignoring this fact.
Recent research in the UK found that 36% of consumers, 18 million people, are using social media to 'talk' to companies, up from 19% eight months ago. Two-thirds of consumers (68%) say it allows them to find their voice and 65% say it's a better way to interact with companies than a call centre.
However, A T Kearney's survey reveals that a whopping 70% of complaints are going un-answered. Why? Because social media isn't being integrated into customer service centers, despite the channel now accounting for 20% of complaints.
"The delay in the use of social media in the contact centre is understandable, but this must now be rectified if many companies are to protect their reputations and keep their competitive edge," says Jim Close, managing director of Datapoint.
"Social media tools are for two-way dialogue with customers as well as a (mostly) one-way marketing channel. They differ from more traditional media because often the interaction is globally-visible and there is potential for massive reputational impact. The organizations that learn this lesson the fastest - and use contact centre systems to do this effectively - will be the ones that win the customer retention race."
- Personal data: Lack of trust could hinder business growth
- 'Digiboomers' neglected by marketers
- UK: Pureplay online sales will exceed multichannel retailers' this year
- Report: Brands need to up their content focus
- Report shows shoppers want retail everywhere
- Report: Cash still top American payment method
- SMBs: How to remain visible during the election push
- Brands: How to prepare for a non-Flash environment
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Nation Online - The Next Era
Ready for the year's most innovative online conference for marketers? Join us on Wednesday, September 2nd from 9:30am - 1:00pm...