News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
R.I.P 468x60 banner ad format
In a blog post today, Google announced the death of a once-popular banner ad format and the release of a new report to help publishers determine what does, and doesn't, work in online advertising.
Google's Direct of Product Management and Display Advertising, Jonathan Bellack, has recently blogged about the demise of the 468x60 banner ad.
"It might be time to hold a wake," writes Bellack. "This ad size dropped down to 3% of all impressions."
Instead, what Bellack refers to as the "three musketeers" of ad units - the medium rectangle, leader board, and skyscraper - account for nearly 80% of all impressions.
Google also announced a new report, "Display Business Trends: Publisher Edition", which Bellack says "will be the first in a series of publications looking at aggregated global data from across our display advertising solutions." The aim of the series of publications is to provide publishers with metrics that will answer their questions and "put some data behind long-held industry assumptions".
A live-streaming discussion on the future of buying and selling ads on line will take place on June 5th at Doubleclick Insights.
- App Store hits 50 billion milestone, Google Play not far behind
- IBM: Mother's Day shopping goes mobile
- Service industry occupations not safe from technology
- How webrooming is taking over ecommerce
- Report: Strong digital presence key to success
- Report: SMBs falling behind in tech
- Mobile the boost loyalty programs need
- British Land: UK retail stores must adapt or die
Featured White Papers
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...
- The Essential Guide to Internet Marketing
Learn the latest tips and tricks to online marketing by downloading the latest edition of our most popular ebook! Whether...
- Smarter Service: The Contact Center of the Future
Today's consumers expect better service, better products, and better communication with retailers. Without a single view of the customer across...
- 9 Reasons Why Your Email Campaign Is Failing
When you analyze your email marketing program, what is your email data telling you? Measuring your data can be difficult,...
- Deliver Extraordinary Customer Experience
Competition is fierce in today's economy and customers know this. They can easily search the Internet to find companies that...