News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
R.I.P 468x60 banner ad format
In a blog post today, Google announced the death of a once-popular banner ad format and the release of a new report to help publishers determine what does, and doesn't, work in online advertising.
Google's Direct of Product Management and Display Advertising, Jonathan Bellack, has recently blogged about the demise of the 468x60 banner ad.
"It might be time to hold a wake," writes Bellack. "This ad size dropped down to 3% of all impressions."
Instead, what Bellack refers to as the "three musketeers" of ad units - the medium rectangle, leader board, and skyscraper - account for nearly 80% of all impressions.
Google also announced a new report, "Display Business Trends: Publisher Edition", which Bellack says "will be the first in a series of publications looking at aggregated global data from across our display advertising solutions." The aim of the series of publications is to provide publishers with metrics that will answer their questions and "put some data behind long-held industry assumptions".
A live-streaming discussion on the future of buying and selling ads on line will take place on June 5th at Doubleclick Insights.
- Report: Online wide open for CPG brands
- Webrooming, Showrooming pushing shopper engagement
- Reports show what worked and didn't over Thanksgiving
- Value of price comparison providers revealed
- Commuters highly engaged and active mobile audience for brands, retailers
- We2 to connect NYC's retailers and consumers via 'social WiFi'
- Consumers rate email as most relevant and accurate of all channels
- Research: Silver surfers feel undervalued by retailers
Featured White Papers
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...
- 10 Tips to Make your Facebook Content Newsfeed-Worthy
There's only one surefire way to reach the heart of your Facebook Fans: the newsfeed. And for brands, that means...
- Benefits of Web Self-Service
Customers want to solve their issues quickly and easily on the Web. Here we provide 3 recommended capabilities to invest...
- Google Hummingbird - The Marketer's Guide
Hummingbird is the most dramatic change that the Google search algorithm has seen in well over a decade....
- Worksheet: Are You Ready for Marketing Automation?
Use this worksheet to determine if your company is ready to use marketing automation. Regardless of your score, there's good...
- Wiley's Modern Marketing Book Bundle - A Free 163 Page Sampler
This Wiley e-book bundle includes selected materials from 6 recently published titles in Wiley's expansive catalog of titles. The material...
- 5 Recurring Revenue Growth Secrets
Your existing customers are the lifeblood of your business and the revenue that they provide is your most profitable. Why...