News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Up to 80% video ads abandoned in beginning
A new report from Vindico may have some brands rethinking their video ad strategy. According to the report of the 80% (average) of video ads which are abandoned, that abandonment comes within the first half of the ad. Before you video advertisers run to pull advertising, though, researchers suggest even abandoned ads expose the consumer to the product and that is something to be happy about.
One more interesting fact from the Vindicoresearch: Video players running full-length programming like those from Hulu have the highest abandonment rates (first half abandonment). Mid-roll ad units showed the highest completion rates (94% through 2011), and those long-form content ads are also completed more often than short-form content ads (88% vs. 76%).
Meanwhile stats from comScore find more than 9 billion video ads were served to viewers in April. More than 180 million US consumers (84% of the population) watched 37 billion pieces of video content for the month. Roughly 20% of videos served were ad content. The hot video content hubs remain Google sites (including YouTube (17 billion clips, 434 minutes per viewer), Yahoo sites (741 million clips, 73 minutes per viewer) and VEVO (674 clips, 57 minutes per viewer).
For ad content Hulu continues to serve the most ad content (670 ad minutes, 48 ads per viewer), but Brightroll serves up 566 ad minutes and Adap.tv serves up 525 minutes of ad content. The average content video was just over 6 minutes while the average ad content was 0.4 minutes.
- Mobile privacy and brand safety remain top challenges for UK media agencies
- Dispop proves the value of custom display ad creative
- Top 5 elements brands should test
- How to reduce the bounce
- Poor in-store service pushes festive shoppers online
- Why brands need more than CPM based metrics
- Reports show personalization impacts brand advertising
- Why brands should mine holiday data for new year performance
Featured White Papers
- 5 Tips for B2B Marketing Data Domination
You work hard to collect your marketing data. But you can collect so much that sometimes it's hard to make...
- 6 Step Roadmap to Engaging Customers With Social Media
For a growing number of consumers, social media is the preferred means of gathering product information and interacting with companies....
- The Making of a YouTube Blockbuster: 10 YouTube Blockbusters
You want to create the next viral video. Sure, who doesn't? But you knowing that videos "go viral" organically, not...
- 5 Questions About Managing Social Media that You Should Ask Your Agency
This white paper provides you with 5 questions you should ask agencies to help you separate the real candidates from...
- 10 Tips to Rock the Twittersphere
Engagement on Twitter can help companies build brand awareness, strengthen customer relations and cultivate brand advocacy. These 10 tips lay...