News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Report: Up to 80% video ads abandoned in beginning
A new report from Vindico may have some brands rethinking their video ad strategy. According to the report of the 80% (average) of video ads which are abandoned, that abandonment comes within the first half of the ad. Before you video advertisers run to pull advertising, though, researchers suggest even abandoned ads expose the consumer to the product and that is something to be happy about.
One more interesting fact from the Vindicoresearch: Video players running full-length programming like those from Hulu have the highest abandonment rates (first half abandonment). Mid-roll ad units showed the highest completion rates (94% through 2011), and those long-form content ads are also completed more often than short-form content ads (88% vs. 76%).
Meanwhile stats from comScore find more than 9 billion video ads were served to viewers in April. More than 180 million US consumers (84% of the population) watched 37 billion pieces of video content for the month. Roughly 20% of videos served were ad content. The hot video content hubs remain Google sites (including YouTube (17 billion clips, 434 minutes per viewer), Yahoo sites (741 million clips, 73 minutes per viewer) and VEVO (674 clips, 57 minutes per viewer).
For ad content Hulu continues to serve the most ad content (670 ad minutes, 48 ads per viewer), but Brightroll serves up 566 ad minutes and Adap.tv serves up 525 minutes of ad content. The average content video was just over 6 minutes while the average ad content was 0.4 minutes.
- Unruly: SocNetters buzz about getting buzzed
- Survey: Friends, not search, pushing mobile video
- Release leaves power of the brand with the brand
- Pinterest improves product engagement with Rich Pins
- ONS data reveals the U.K.'s 7.1 million disconnected
- Twitter launches lead generation tool
- uTest's Apphance shows 10 times more sessions
- New social network to connection non-corp types
Featured White Papers
- 54 Examples of Brilliant Homepage Design
For any given company, the homepage is its virtual front door - and face to the world. If a new...
- Learn How to Increase Traffic, Leads and Sales By Reaching More Than 11 million people on Pinterest
Pinterest isn't just another social media network. What appears to be the fastest-growing social media site ever has become a...
- Improving ROI with Marketing Optimization
The requirement to juggle multiple constraints and considerations is an inescapable part of the marketing equation. Marketing executives need a...
- Top 10 Online Brand Protection Strategies for 2013
Whether stealing web traffic, pirating digital content or selling counterfeit goods, online scammers are sure to continue highjacking brands for...
- Get Serious About Email Marketing
Small business success starts with a solid email foundation. If you're a small business with limited resources, you need an...