News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Release turns reviews into ads
inPowered Stories, released from NetShelter in December, offered brands a way to share product reviews with their consumer base. Now the platform gives brands the ability to turn those reviews into ad units to help influence purchasing decisions. In early results, click-thrus for inPowered Stories reached 0.59%; typical CTRs (US) reach about 0.09%, according to Nielsen data.
"Across the industry, brands are seeking powerful new tools to shape the purchase decisions of influential consumers, and not relying solely upon the number of eyeballs an ad reaches online," said Peyman Nilforoush, co-founder and CEO of NetShelter. "We all see this dynamic reflected in brands' universal interest in platforms such as Facebook, and it's a guiding principle behind the creation of our inPowered Stories. Similar to the way Facebook's Sponsored Stories amplify friend' opinions about brands, our new inPowered Stories amplify experts' opinions about brands to influence purchase decisions."
Here's how it works: product reviews from authoritative sources are marked as 'sponsored' and are placed within the flow of traditional copy, rather than outside the reading box where traditional ads are place. When a consumer clicks onto that ad they are taken to the original course.
"People go to Google to search, and they go to Facebook to share information with friends, and both platforms present advertising experiences that are consistent with those expectations," said Pirouz Nilforoush, co-founder and President of NetShelter Technology Media. "However, people go to tech blogs and news sites to learn from independent experts. So, our inPowered Stories directly align with what consumers want."
This type of content is determined to be 'influential' based on past performance - how it was consumed and shared across the social space. These stories are also given a 'share bar' making it simple for readers to share with their networks, too, and increasing the reach of the content and the product.
- Top 3 tips to create a solid cross-device strategy
- Ad Roundup: Mobile video and retargeting solutions
- Forecast: 27% of holiday buys could be 'lost' to abandoned carts
- Multitasking activity during TV viewing has little to do with the show being watched
- 65% of shoppers still rely on visits to physical stores during online shopping journey
- Internet ad revenues hit landmark high in first half of 2014
- Report: Product placements can recoup commercial losses
- Study highlights consumer behavior in tablet purchase journey
Featured White Papers
- The 5 Worst Things a Creative Can Say
Among the common phrases used in creative services teams there is a group that are deceptively harmless because we hear...
- 5 Ways to Ensure your Social Brand Gets Noticed
In the world of social sponsorships today the key to success is not just awareness but recognition. The path to...
- How Marketers Can Earn Respect at the Revenue Table
Your CEO might not care how many emails you sent last week, but they do care about revenue. To earn...
- How to Create a More Social Business
Download this whitepaper to learn about the current state of social media adoption and see where the most innovative companies...
- The Definitive Guide to Duplicate Listings
In the Local SEO biz, we spend a lot of time dealing with duplicate business listings. Duplicate records of your...