News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Release turns reviews into ads
inPowered Stories, released from NetShelter in December, offered brands a way to share product reviews with their consumer base. Now the platform gives brands the ability to turn those reviews into ad units to help influence purchasing decisions. In early results, click-thrus for inPowered Stories reached 0.59%; typical CTRs (US) reach about 0.09%, according to Nielsen data.
"Across the industry, brands are seeking powerful new tools to shape the purchase decisions of influential consumers, and not relying solely upon the number of eyeballs an ad reaches online," said Peyman Nilforoush, co-founder and CEO of NetShelter. "We all see this dynamic reflected in brands' universal interest in platforms such as Facebook, and it's a guiding principle behind the creation of our inPowered Stories. Similar to the way Facebook's Sponsored Stories amplify friend' opinions about brands, our new inPowered Stories amplify experts' opinions about brands to influence purchase decisions."
Here's how it works: product reviews from authoritative sources are marked as 'sponsored' and are placed within the flow of traditional copy, rather than outside the reading box where traditional ads are place. When a consumer clicks onto that ad they are taken to the original course.
"People go to Google to search, and they go to Facebook to share information with friends, and both platforms present advertising experiences that are consistent with those expectations," said Pirouz Nilforoush, co-founder and President of NetShelter Technology Media. "However, people go to tech blogs and news sites to learn from independent experts. So, our inPowered Stories directly align with what consumers want."
This type of content is determined to be 'influential' based on past performance - how it was consumed and shared across the social space. These stories are also given a 'share bar' making it simple for readers to share with their networks, too, and increasing the reach of the content and the product.
- Study: Live TV still trumps time-shifted
- Brands: How to make the most of ad placement
- Avoidance a big reason for blocking calls
- App Annie: App stores' revenue gap closing
- Marin study reveals the effect of integrating search and social campaigns
- Reports: Ad spend up on Bing, consumers still heavy on Google
- Study IDs disconnect between brands, consumers
- Consumers trust doctors and government with personal data more than they do advertisers
Featured White Papers
- Marketing Automation Simplified : The Small Guide to Big Ideas
Marketers are increasingly enhancing their understanding of how data can fuel the delivery of meaningful interactions. This access to vast...
- Is your web site creating sales tax risk?
Answer 3 questions to learn....
- How to Properly Structure Your Social Program for Success
Most big brands structure their social program around business goals, however, sometimes there is a disconnect between the goals and...
- Email Device Report 2014: How Are Your Customers Viewing Email?
The Q4 2013 findings reveal that consumers are rapidly moving from desktops to mobile devices when it comes to opening...