News by Topic
- Search Marketing
- Email Marketing
- Loyalty Marketing
- Mobile Marketing
- Social Marketing
- Viral Marketing
- Trends & Ideas
- Internet Marketing 101
Release turns reviews into ads
inPowered Stories, released from NetShelter in December, offered brands a way to share product reviews with their consumer base. Now the platform gives brands the ability to turn those reviews into ad units to help influence purchasing decisions. In early results, click-thrus for inPowered Stories reached 0.59%; typical CTRs (US) reach about 0.09%, according to Nielsen data.
"Across the industry, brands are seeking powerful new tools to shape the purchase decisions of influential consumers, and not relying solely upon the number of eyeballs an ad reaches online," said Peyman Nilforoush, co-founder and CEO of NetShelter. "We all see this dynamic reflected in brands' universal interest in platforms such as Facebook, and it's a guiding principle behind the creation of our inPowered Stories. Similar to the way Facebook's Sponsored Stories amplify friend' opinions about brands, our new inPowered Stories amplify experts' opinions about brands to influence purchase decisions."
Here's how it works: product reviews from authoritative sources are marked as 'sponsored' and are placed within the flow of traditional copy, rather than outside the reading box where traditional ads are place. When a consumer clicks onto that ad they are taken to the original course.
"People go to Google to search, and they go to Facebook to share information with friends, and both platforms present advertising experiences that are consistent with those expectations," said Pirouz Nilforoush, co-founder and President of NetShelter Technology Media. "However, people go to tech blogs and news sites to learn from independent experts. So, our inPowered Stories directly align with what consumers want."
This type of content is determined to be 'influential' based on past performance - how it was consumed and shared across the social space. These stories are also given a 'share bar' making it simple for readers to share with their networks, too, and increasing the reach of the content and the product.
- What Twitter's roll-out of Periscope ads means for digital brands
- Ad Roundup: Tools to connect shoppers
- Top 3 tips for B2B brands to harness purchasing power
- Channel 4 video-on-demand ads address viewer by name
- IAB: 2016 Internet ad spend breaks records
- Marketers say their role is to collect, not analyze, customer data
- Two-thirds of US, UK consumers worried about how brands use personal data
- Study: Marketers overwhelmed with data
Featured White Papers
- Learn Why 83% of Advertisers Are Reporting Superior Outcomes With People-Based Ads
Traditional digital display advertising doesn't work. The information in this report is based on an online survey of 350 senior...
- 2016 Email Marketing Metrics Benchmark Study
To build a world-class marketing program, it's crucial to compare yourself to the best performers - but competitor data can...
- 10 Ways to Use Customer Lifetime Value to Reinvent Your Marketing Strategy
CLV insights can help you to attract high-margin customers, target clusters of customers with untapped value, and retain high-value customers...
- 16 Innovative Loyalty Programs of 2016
Engaging customers in a loyalty program is no easy feat. Read how 16 brands grabbed headlines in 2016 by launching...